SBI quarterly profit soars to Rs.4,050 croreMay 18th, 2012 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 18 (IANS) The country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) Friday reported a massive hike in net profit at Rs.4,050 crore for the quarter ended March 31 on account of decline in provisions of bad loans and strong credit demand.
The bank had posted a net profit of Rs.20.88 crore during the like period of the previous financial year, it said in a regulator filing.
Following the results, the shares of the bank surged 4.14 percent to trade at Rs.1,924.70 apiece.
The total income stood at Rs.33,959.5 crore, up 28 percent during the quarter under review against Rs.26,536.8 crore during the year ago period.
During the year ended March 31, 2012, the net profit of the bank stood at Rs.11,707.3 crore, up 42 percent against Rs.8,264.5 crore during the year ended March 31, 2011.
The total income during the year under review stood at Rs.1,20,873 crore, up 24 percent against Rs.97,219 crore during previous year.
The bank’s gross non-performing asset (NPA) ratio declined to 4.44 percent in the quarter ended March 31 from 4.61 percent in the previous quarter. Net NPA ratio also declined to 1.82 percent against 2.22 percent in the previous quarter.
The bank also proposed a dividend of Rs.35 per share for the accounting year ended March 31, 2012.
- SBI annual net profit surges nearly 42 percent (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Indian Bank posts 13 percent growth in net profit - Jul 23, 2012
- Axis Bank quarterly net profit rises 22 percent - Jul 17, 2012
- Canara Bank quarterly net profit declines 7.76 percent - May 10, 2012
- Union Bank of India quarterly net profit up - May 09, 2012
- UBI Q4 net up 4 percent - May 05, 2012
- Indian Bank to convert Rs.400 crore preference shares to equity - Jan 30, 2012
- Vijaya Bank net zooms 235 percent in Q4 - Apr 30, 2012
- ICICI Bank quarterly net profit rises 31 percent - Apr 27, 2012
- City Union Bank to come out with rights issue - Jan 31, 2012
- Allahabad Bank's Q4 net profit up by 14.74 percent - May 02, 2011
- IOB plans recovery of Rs.1,500 crore from sticky accounts (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- United Bank Q1 net up by 31 percent - Aug 03, 2012
- Bank of India quarterly net profit rises 93 percent - Apr 30, 2012
- UCO Bank Q1 net profit jumps 24 percent - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: accounting, bank of india, decline, dividend, loans, mumbai, net profit, previous year, provisions, quarter ended march, quarterly profit, rs 1, rs 8, s gross, sbi, soars, state bank, state bank of india