Save the cow, urges VHP leader TogadiaOctober 20th, 2009 - 12:35 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 19 (IANS) Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Praveen Togadia, who has been campaigning vigorously across India to save the “mother cow”, advocated wide use of products made of cow dung and urine, including handwashes, shampoo and incense sticks.
Togadia was in the city to attend and address a gathering at the Sanatan Dharma Mandir of the ‘Vishwa Mangal Gau Gram Yatra’ (World Tour to save the Cow). He said: “It is high time that we Indians and Hindus should shun our defensive approach and become more aggressive.”
Advocating the use of products made of cow dung, cow urine and other extracts, Togadia placed a number of daily use products made from them on the dais before elaborating on their benefits.
“Be it a daily handwash, a floor wash, mosquito coil, a shampoo or incense sticks made from the daily extract of the cow are more hygienic and eco friendly. It is my humble appeal to the urban population to adopt them for a better cause of saving the mother cow,” he said.
Those accompanying Togadia included religious gurus and priests of various Hindu organisations from across India and they also seconded his views.
Togadia added: “Pig slaughter is banned in 44 Muslim countries and it is a punishable offence in all Muslim countries. Why can’t the Indian government make similar stringent laws against cow slaughter?”.
- RSS set to enter FMCG market - with cow urine and dung products - Feb 14, 2009
- Haryana approves setting up of cow commission - Sep 07, 2010
- VHP meet to restart Ram Mandir movement - May 08, 2010
- Six Hindu Vahini activists arrested in Hyderabad - Nov 14, 2011
- BJP should take back Joshi, says Togadia - Jun 09, 2012
- Bulls, pigs, 10 tonnes beef seized in Goa - Jan 31, 2011
- Hare Krishna sect cows' 'ahimsa' milk amidst mantras is UK's costliest! - Nov 06, 2010
- VHP warns Amarnath shrine board - Mar 05, 2012
- Religious row grows in Nepal as Hindus call closure - May 25, 2011
- Christian council condemns Togadia hate speech - Nov 09, 2011
- Reservation for Muslims unacceptable: VHP - Feb 12, 2012
- Curfew imposed in Rajouri town - Mar 08, 2012
- Curfew continues in Rajouri town, 20 arrested - Mar 09, 2012
- RSS comes up with cow water alternative to Coca Cola and Pepsi - Feb 12, 2009
- Hindu terrorism phrase coined by vested interests: VHP - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: cow dung, cow slaughter, cow urine, dais, defensive approach, handwash, hindu organisations, incense sticks, indian government, mandir, mosquito coil, mother cow, muslim countries, pig slaughter, praveen togadia, punishable offence, sanatan dharma, stringent laws, urban population, vishwa hindu parishad