Savaged by dogs, Briton fights for lifeMay 21st, 2012 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 21 (IANS) A 30-year-old Briton is fighting for his life at a hospital after he was mauled by two savage dogs as he walked along a beach.
The unnamed victim was bitten all over his body by a Mastiff cross and a Staffordshire bull terrier on the Brighton beach in East Sussex during the weekend, the Daily Mail reported.
A 40-year-old man - believed to be the dogs’ owner - has been arrested.
The dogs continued to attack the man even when he had passed out from his injuries.
Police and paramedics were reportedly unable to reach the victim over fear of being attacked themselves.
Armed police and a dog squad were called to the scene. One officer suffered hand and leg injuries while trying to control the dogs.
A witness said he could see the two dogs “dragging something out of the water”.
“The dogs would run back to their owner and then rush back and start attacking the man again. There was blood all around one of their mouths,” he said.
- Man jailed for beating dog to death - Aug 17, 2012
- Jobless Briton stabs dog to death, faces jail - Jun 08, 2012
- Dog survives after being stabbed 21 times - Nov 16, 2011
- Mum saves kids by pinning down attacking dog - Aug 24, 2011
- Man drags dog, driving Porsche at 115 kmph - Nov 22, 2011
- Dog savages teenager - Aug 21, 2011
- Dog mauls four-year-old girl's face - May 28, 2011
- South African beach dubbed world's deadliest - Jan 16, 2012
- Recession affecting pets in Britain - Nov 13, 2011
- 3 Year-Old Girl Suffers Multiple Injury From Bull Terrier Attack - Apr 19, 2010
- Chinese man wants to swap dogs for BMW car - May 11, 2012
- Owners of dangerous dogs face jail in Britain - Aug 21, 2012
- Dog mauls woman to death in Britain - Dec 24, 2010
- US Airways flight forced to land after dog gets loose and bites two - Dec 08, 2010
- British mother, son jailed over dogs' deaths - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: armed police, brighton beach, briton, bull terrier, daily mail, east sussex, fear, leg injuries, london, mastiff, mouths, old man, paramedics, savage dogs, staffordshire bull terrier, sussex, two dogs, witness