Saudi parliamentary delegation in IndiaMay 7th, 2012 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) A high-powered parliamentary delegation from Saudi Arabia arrived here Monday for a three-day visit during which they will hold interactions in the Indian parliament and compare different parliamentary practices.
The delegation, led by Majlis As Shura (Saudi Consultative Council) president Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Ibrahim Al Al-Sheikh, is scheduled to meet Minister of State for External Affairs E. Ahamed Monday. They will attend ongoing Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha sessions Tuesday. The Saudi Shura members will also meet Vice President Hamid Ansari and Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar.
Ansari has served as the Indian ambassador to Saudi Arabia when he was in the foreign service.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh visited the Shura Consultative Council in 2010 and addressed it. During the visit, India and Saudi Arabia signed 10 bilateral agreements and issued a Riyadh Declaration for deepening their relationship.
The delegation returns Riyadh Thursday.
- Saudi Arabia offers incentives to Indian pharma industry - May 09, 2012
- India-Saudi ties get boost with Riyadh governor's visit (Lead) - Apr 14, 2010
- Voting rights for Saudi women mooted - Jun 07, 2011
- Saudi Arabia educating its women for jobs: Louise Khurshid - Oct 24, 2010
- Visiting Saudi governor invites Indian investment - Apr 12, 2010
- Antony's visit: India, Saudi Arabia seek stronger ties - Feb 15, 2012
- Regional Security on top of Manmohan Singh's Saudi agenda - Feb 27, 2010
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh gets unprecedented reception in Riyadh - Feb 27, 2010
- India to boost democratic practices in Myanmar - Dec 12, 2011
- Indian defence minister leaves for Saudi Arabia - Feb 13, 2012
- Saudi offer to hike crude exports to India - Feb 14, 2012
- Despite promise, Pakistan doing nothing on ground: PM - Mar 01, 2010
- Persuade Pakistan to stop terrorism, PM urges Saudi (Lead) - Mar 02, 2010
- India, Saudi Arabia to set up joint defence panel (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Riyadh governor to arrive in India Sunday - Apr 10, 2010
Tags: ahamed, ansari, bilateral agreements, consultative council, council president, delegation returns, external affairs, indian ambassador, indian parliament, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, meira kumar, minister of state, parliamentary delegation, parliamentary practices, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajya sabha, saudi arabia