Saudi construction firm opens branch in IndiaNovember 16th, 2008 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Nov 16 (IANS) Saudi Arabia’s Construction Products Holding Co (CPC) has opened two new architectural and engineering companies in India and Egypt.While the one in India has been named ‘Preferred Co for Engineering’ (FOCUS-India), the one in Egypt has been named ‘Focus for Engineering Services’ (FOCUS).
The two companies would provide engineering services that will help design and provide drawings for all plants and projects of CPC, as well as serve other customers in Egypt and India, Faysal Alaquil, director of business development and spokesman for CPC, said in a statement.
“FOCUS-Egypt is already fully operational in Cairo, and is staffed by 200 engineers specialising in architectural and other engineering disciplines. FOCUS-India will be based in Pune, India, with full operations expected to start in December 2008,” Alaquil said.
Stating that CPC’s expansion plans were going on in full force, he said: “We are raising our capacity so as to execute projects to the highest standards in line with our company’s founding values and principles. CPC is taking advantage of the current rapid growth of construction projects in Saudi Arabia and its surrounding markets complimenting CPC’s concept of the one-stop shop.”
CPC is an extended industrial arm of the Saudi Binladin Group of Companies (SBG).
Its subsidiaries work in the fields of building materials and construction products.Marble and Granite International Company, Saudi Co for Development of Construction and Trading, Precast Manufacturing Co, Adhesive Manufacturing Co, United Transport Co, United Arab Aluminum Co, Bahra Steel Co are the major subsidiaries of CPC.
- New industrial complex coming up in eastern Saudi Arabia - Sep 15, 2008
- Maytas Infra touches 52-week high on stake sale news - Jun 21, 2010
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,366 crore-worth orders from Gulf - Jun 21, 2011
- Punj Llyod bags engineering contract from Saudi oil firm - Sep 20, 2010
- Cabinet approves TCIL's Saudi acquisition - Jul 04, 2012
- Spanish group wins Saudi rail contract - Oct 27, 2011
- Pidilite eyeing acquisitions in India, abroad - Sep 09, 2011
- KEC International bags orders worth Rs.1,253 crore - Jan 04, 2012
- India keen to set up fertiliser plants in Saudi Arabia - Nov 26, 2010
- Marg Limited to finalise restructure plan soon - Feb 15, 2011
- Businesses cautious over Arab world unrest - Feb 24, 2011
- Kochhar and Co. partners with Middle East law firms - Aug 05, 2010
- Missing engineer's parents to stage hunger strike - May 24, 2012
- India, Saudi Arabia crucial for global financial restructuring:PM - Feb 28, 2010
- Saudi, Indian firms explore investment options (Lead) - Feb 24, 2011