Satyam’s new board members’ plea to media - don’t call oftenJanuary 12th, 2009 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 12 (IANS) The members of the new board of the fraud-hit Satyam Computer Services have started getting pesky calls - from mediapersons, forcing them to request scribes not to call too often and allow the team to do its work.”I must have got about 20 calls on my cell phone when the (board) meeting was on. How do you expect us to do our job?” said Deepak Parekh, chairman of Housing Development Finance Corporation and one of the three new board members appointed by the government.
Parekh was addressing a press conference along with two other members, former Nasscom president Kiran Karnik and former SEBI member C. Adhuthan, at the end of the first meeting of the board here Monday.
With the media shooting questions ranging from the merger option to cash position to filing a case against auditing firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Parekh pleaded that the three members were still familiarising themselves with the situation, had talked to only a few senior staff members and needed time to answer all the questions concerning the company.
“Give us 10 or 15 days’ time. We will answer all your questions. Now please allow us to work,” he pleaded.
- Satyam hunts for CEO, PM briefed on developments (Intro Roundup) - Jan 13, 2009
- Infosys mentor Murthy bats for new Satyam board - Jan 15, 2009
- Satyam's new board hunts for CEO and CFO (Lead) - Jan 12, 2009
- New Satyam board meets, to get new accounting firm - Jan 12, 2009
- Deloitte, KPMG are new joint auditors for Satyam - Jan 14, 2009
- Satyam board meeting underway, focus on firm's finances - Jan 17, 2009
- Scope for cooperation in IT changing: Karnik (Interview) - Jun 29, 2010
- Satyam brass questioned, three new board members named (Roundup) - Jan 11, 2009
- Kiran Karnik joins Attero Recycling board - Feb 13, 2011
- Satyam to remain stand alone entity, says Mahindra (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2009
- Timeline of events surrounding Satyam Computer - Apr 13, 2009
- Indian IT poised for second revolution: Kiran Karnik - Apr 04, 2012
- Satyam's new board to meet Monday, officer jailed (Intro Roundup) - Jan 11, 2009
- Satyam's new board starts meeting - Jan 12, 2009
- Satyam's new owner likely to be known Monday - Apr 12, 2009