Satyam’s former CFO Srinivas arrestedJanuary 11th, 2009 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 8 (IANS) In the third arrest in the Satyam Computer Services scam, the former chief financial officer (CFO) of the IT bellwether Vadlamani Srinivas was held by Andhra Pradesh police Saturday night in connection with the Rs.70 billion fraud.Srinivas was very close to the company’s founder chairman B. Ramalinga Raju and is believed to have been aware of the fraud.
Officials of Crime Investigation Department (CID) interrogated Vadlamani at the CID office for a couple of hours and later arrested him.
Inspector General of Police, CID (Economic Offences Wing) V.S.K. Kaumudi confirmed that the CFO had been arrested.
B. Ramalinga Raju and his brother and Satyam managing director B. Rama Raju were arrested by police Friday night and a magistrate Saturday sent them to judicial custody till Jan 23.
Srinivas had resigned from the IT bellwether Thursday, a day after Raju brothers quit admitting to a massive financial fraud.
CID officials are likely to interrogate Srinivas further in connection with Ramalinga Raju’s disclosures and produce him before a magistrate Sunday.
- CID grills Satyam's former CFO - Jan 11, 2009
- Ramalinga Raju, brother to be produced in court - Jan 10, 2009
- CID grills Ramalinga Raju, brother (Lead) - Jan 10, 2009
- Former Satyam financial official sent to jail - Jan 11, 2009
- Two Pricewaterhouse officials arrested in Satyam fraud - Jan 24, 2009
- Raju, others denied bail in Satyam scam - Aug 04, 2011
- Satyam Raju, brother arrested - Jan 10, 2009
- Satyam's Ramalinga Raju, brother arrested for cheating (Second Lead) - Jan 10, 2009
- Satyam fraud case: Sick Raju makes dramatic appearance in court - Aug 24, 2010
- Satyam saga: Court extends judicial custody of Raju, others, to Feb 7 - Jan 31, 2009
- Satyam's Raju brothers, former CFO in police custody for four days (Lead) - Jan 17, 2009
- Satyam case: Andhra Pradesh High Court grants bail to Raju - Aug 18, 2010
- US SEC may file civil fraud charges against Satyam - Oct 03, 2010
- Court allows lie detector, brain mapping tests on Raju - Jul 09, 2009
- Judicial remand of Rajus extended till July 8 - Jun 24, 2009