Satyam Raju’s brother fails to get anticipatory bailFebruary 13th, 2009 - 7:25 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Feb 13 (IANS) B. Suryanaryana Raju, the second brother of Satyam Computer Services’ disgraced founder B. Ramalinga Raju, Friday failed to get anticipatory bail to avoid his arrest in the Rs.70 billion financial fraud in the IT major.
Suryanaryana Raju is a wholetime director of SRSR Advisory Services floated by Ramalinga Raju to manage the family’s stake in Satyam.
The Andhra Pradesh police want to quiz him as they believe he is a key player in the fraud to which Ramalinga Raju has confessed.
The police say Suryanaryana Raju is absconding. He had sought anticipatory bail from the court of Additional Metropolitan Sessions Judge T.Eshwar Rao.
Ramalinga Raju, his brother B. Rama Raju, who was Satyam’s managing director, and the firm’s former chief financial officer Vadlamani Srinivas are now in Chanchalaguda jail and have again sought bail.
Sixth Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D. Ramakrishna, who earlier rejected their bail plea, Friday reserved for Feb 18 his orders on the fresh bail applications.
Ramakrishna also reserved for Feb 17 his order on market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (SEBI) plea to interrogate Srinivas and two former auditors of Pricewaterhouse.
On Feb 16, he will rule on Income Tax department plea for permission to interrogate Ramalinga Raju.
- Raju, others denied bail in Satyam scam - Aug 04, 2011
- Satyam case: no bail for Raju, seven others - Aug 30, 2011
- Satyam scam: Raju's brother fails to get anticipatory bail (Lead) - Feb 13, 2009
- Court to decide on Fraud Investigation Office petition Feb 13 - Feb 10, 2009
- Satyam case: Apex court notice to CBI on Raju's bail plea (Second Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Andhra High Court adjourns hearing on Raju's bail plea - Aug 05, 2010
- Ramalinga Raju's brother gets anticipatory bail - Mar 05, 2009
- CBI plea against Ramalinga Raju's bail to be heard Monday - Aug 29, 2010
- Satyam's Ramalinga Raju, two others get bail - Nov 04, 2011
- Five accused in Satyam scam get bail (Lead) - Jul 20, 2010
- IT department plea to grill Raju to be decided Wednesday - Feb 16, 2009
- Court reserves orders on SEBI plea - Feb 17, 2009
- Gopalakrishna Raju sent to police custody for two days - Jan 29, 2009
- Court reserves verdict on Raju's bail plea - Aug 16, 2010
- No bail for Satyam Rajus, former finance head (Lead) - Feb 18, 2009