Satya Paul’s growth largely due to Macs: Puneet NandaOctober 6th, 2011 - 5:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 6 (IANS) Puneet Nanda, the former creative director of Satya Paul, recalls how the Apple Macs, invented by Steve Jobs who died Thursday, helped him build his brand. He adds the technology has been an asset to creative people.
“Most people wouldn’t know, that Satya Paul is where it is today, largely supported by Macs. We were the pioneers in the industry to use them starting in 1992!…just a few months away from a 20 year anniversary,” Nanda posted on social networking site Facebook.
Jobs died Wednesday of cancer. He was 56.
A surprised Nanda said his MacBookPro refused to boot up Thursday morning when the news of the Apple co-founder’s death was splashed all over.
“Steve Jobs (1955-2011)… he succeeded to leave the earth a little more beautiful, than he found it. ?… so, for the first time - in 19 years of using Macs, my personal MacBookPro refuses to boot up! I can understand Steve’s passing, but why is my computer acting like him?” he added.
Nanda, who took over the reins of designing for Satya Paul collection after the octogenarian designer Satya Paul retired, said Jobs’ visionary power was the most valuable thing in the world.
“Jobs has enabled millions of creative endeavours to be inspired and enabled that it is not possible to capture the real extent of his contribution. At least before he left, he was rewarded to his vision manifest his company to become the most valuable in the world,” he posted.
- How Steve Jobs changed the world - Oct 06, 2011
- A design tribute to Steve Jobs at WIFW - Oct 09, 2011
- Milestones in a tech legend's journey - Oct 06, 2011
- From apparel to laptop accessories, Satya Paul explores new avenues - Jun 07, 2012
- Apple CEO Steve Jobs resigns due to health problems - Aug 25, 2011
- Tech legend Steve Jobs quits as Apple CEO - Aug 25, 2011
- What made Steve Jobs tick? Boredom - Oct 06, 2011
- Friends, fans, foes hail Apple's visionary Jobs - Oct 06, 2011
- When Clinton called Steve Jobs over Lewinsky scandal - Oct 23, 2011
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- Indian celebs tweet condolences for 'immortal' Jobs - Oct 06, 2011
- Obama: Steve Jobs among greatest American innovators - Oct 06, 2011
- Unseen Jobs' interview to be released - Apr 28, 2012
- Satya Paul designer gives audience bow a miss - Nov 19, 2010
- Steve Jobs turned smallest of ideas into life-changing products (Tribute) - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: 19 years, apple, cancer, co founder, creative director, creative endeavours, earth, extent, facebook, macbookpro, New Delhi, pioneers, reins, satya paul, social networking site, steve jobs, thursday morning, year anniversary