Saturn moon may have aliensNovember 24th, 2011 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 24 (IANS) One of the Saturn’s moons may be home to aliens, say scientists.
Titan, the largest of the planet’s 62 satellites, has all the qualities needed to support extra-terrestrial beings, The Sun reported Thursday quoting experts.
It tops a new list of moons and planets most likely to harbour life. The researchers also found a planet called Gliese 581g, part of the Libra constellation, is the most similar to Earth - despite being 123 billion miles away.
It could support humans if mankind moves into outer space, as British genius Stephen Hawking has suggested.
Scientists have been searching for potentially habitable planets outside our solar system for years.
Hawking recently warned the human race must look to outer space within the next century or it will become extinct.
NASA’s Kepler telescope, launched into space in 2009, has found more than 1,000 possible candidates so far.
- New Planet Discovered: Appears Appropriate For Life - Oct 01, 2010
- Chances of life on newly discovered Earth-like planet '100pc' - Sep 30, 2010
- Kepler telescope finds new planetary system - Aug 27, 2010
- NASA's Kepler Space Telescope Finds 2 New Planets - Aug 27, 2010
- Most habitable Earth-like planet discovered - Sep 30, 2010
- NASA Discovers Two New Planets In Milky Way - Aug 27, 2010
- Scientists discover first Earth-Size planets outside the Milky Way - Dec 21, 2011
- NASA Finds Traces Of Life In One Of Saturn's Moon, Reports Say - Dec 02, 2010
- Milky Way 'has 50 billion planets' - Feb 21, 2011
- 'NASA's Kepler Space Telescope may find habitable moons' - Sep 13, 2009
- Alien find likelier after NASA finds evidence of over 1,200 more planets - Feb 03, 2011
- Probe finds two Saturn-sized planets orbiting single star - Aug 27, 2010
- Close encounter with aliens possible this century - Jul 16, 2012
- NASA discovers 2 new planets - Aug 27, 2010
- Aliens have been visiting Earth for decades: Canadian expert - May 03, 2010
Tags: aliens, constellation, earth, genius, habitable planets, kepler, london, mankind moves, moons and planets, nasa, outer space, planets outside our solar system, satellites, saturn, saturn moon, scientists, stephen hawking, telescope, terrestrial beings, titan