Satisfied with my tenure: Outgoing Delhi Police chiefJune 30th, 2012 - 1:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 30 (IANS) Outgoing Delhi Police commissioner B.K. Gupta Saturday said he was “satisfied with his tenure” as police chief and urged Delhiites to have consideration for the police as they work in tiring conditions to keep the city safe.
Speaking at his farewell ceremony here, Gupta said: “I am satisfied with my tenure and have achieved almost all the goals that I had set.”
Gupta also said that the denizens of the city should be more considerate towards the police personnel who work in tiring conditions.
Gupta, who retired Saturday after over 37 years of service, had taken over as the capital’s police chief after Y.S. Dadwal Nov 10, 2010.
“Standing under the sun at 45 degrees for hours is a tough job… People should respect police,” Gupta told reporters here.
The outgoing police chief added that it was due to the hardworking police constabulary that the city had better law and order situation compared to other places.
Neeraj Kumar is the Delhi Police commissioner.
- Terrorism biggest challenge for Delhi Police: New chief (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Terrorism biggest challenge for Delhi Police, says new chief - Jun 30, 2012
- Delhi may get new police chief - Nov 02, 2010
- Neeraj Kumar is new Delhi Police chief (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Neeraj Kumar is new Delhi Police chief (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- CWG was my biggest test: Outgoing Delhi Police chief - Nov 09, 2010
- Cop likely to head Delhi Police meets Dikshit - Nov 03, 2010
- Dadwal appointed DG SSB, B.K. Gupta to be Delhi Police Commissioner - Nov 09, 2010
- Delhi Police ready for Games, says top cop - Aug 30, 2010
- B.K. Gupta is the new Delhi Police chief - Nov 10, 2010
- BJP seeks better security in Delhi - Jul 22, 2010
- Neeraj Kumar named new Delhi Police chief - Jun 28, 2012
- Don't venture out late night: Police chief tells Delhiites - Jul 09, 2011
- Around 29,000 policemen deployed for CWG, says Dadwal - Oct 02, 2010
- Senior cops to listen to citizens' problems everyday - Feb 19, 2011