Sathya Sai Baba’s condition still very criticalApril 22nd, 2011 - 12:46 pm ICT by IANS
Puttaparthi (Andhra Pradesh), April 22 (IANS) Spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba’s condition continues to be very critical, doctors said Friday.
According to the medical bulletin issued by the Sathya Sai Super Specialty Hospital here Friday morning, there is no significant change in his overall condition since Thursday.
The doctors are continuing vigorous round-the-clock treatment of Baba, who is suffering from liver failure while other vital organs are also not functioning properly.
Hospital director A.N. Safaya said the response shown to the treatment by all the vital organs continues to be minimal.
“His respiration is supported by ventilator. He is on the CRRT system of dialysis to assist kidney functioning. His heart rate and blood pressure continue to be low and continue to be supported by drugs,” said the bulletin.
The 85-year-old guru, seen as an incarnation of god by his devotees in India and abroad, was admitted to the hospital March 28 with breathing problems. He was diagnosed with multi-organ dysfunction.
The condition of Baba deteriorated Wednesday when vital organs started showing a minimal response to the treatment.
His condition has caused anxiety among his devotees in India and abroad. The Andhra Pradesh government has put the administration in the pilgrim town of Anantapur district on high alert.
A large number of policemen has been deployed and any gathering of five or more people banned in the town to tackle any situation.
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be critical - Apr 19, 2011
- Sai Baba shows signs of improvement (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba stable but critical - Apr 15, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba critical but stable - Apr 07, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba gradually improving, say doctors - Apr 08, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba very critical, Puttaparthi preparing for worst (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition still critical: Doctors - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Saibaba suffers liver failure at Puttaparthi hospital - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition continues to be very critical (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Three weeks in hospital, Sai Baba remains critical - Apr 18, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition shows signs of improvement - Apr 11, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba shows signs of improvement, Puttaparthi tense (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition deteriorates (Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be very critical - Apr 23, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition very critical, say doctors - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh government, breathing problems, devotees, dialysis, friday morning, heart rate, hospital director, incarnation, liver failure, medical bulletin, minimal response, organ dysfunction, pilgrim, policemen, respiration, sathya sai baba, specialty hospital, spiritual leader, ventilator, vital organs