Sathya Sai Baba’s condition stableMarch 29th, 2011 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 29 (IANS) Spiritual leader Sri Sathya Sai Baba remained hospitalised in the pilgrim town Puttaparthi in Anantapur district for the second day Tuesday. His condition is stable, hospital sources said.
According to the sources, he is suffering from pneumonia. Water has entered his lungs, which has caused him breathing problems.
The 85-year-old godman was admitted to the Super Specialty Hospital in Puttaparthi Monday evening. As the news of his ill-health spread in the town, shopkeepers downed shutters and hundreds of his devotes thronged Prashanti Nilayam, the abode of Sathya Sai Baba, to know about his well being.
Officials of Sri Sathya Sai Trust said the spiritual guru was recovering and there was nothing to worry. The trust has been receiving inquiries from his devotees spread across the world.
Sathyanarayana Raju or Sathya Sai Baba as he is known was born Nov 23, 1926, at Puttaparthi. In 1940, he claimed that he is an incarnation of god.
He became famous with his miracles but stopped performing these in 1990s after rationalists accused him of fraud. Since then Sathya Sai Baba has been focusing only on social and charitable work.
the Sathya Sai Trust runs a state-of-the-art hospital, university and several other institutions.
His devotees are spread across the world and they include heads of states and governments, politicians, film and sports personalities, judges and army officials.
- Sai Baba devotees celebrate Avataar declaration day - Oct 20, 2011
- President, PM to attend Sai Baba birthday celebrations - Nov 16, 2010
- Thousands attend Sai Baba's birthday celebrations - Nov 23, 2010
- Sathya Sai Baba passes away, millions in grief (Intro Roundup) - Apr 25, 2011
- Sai Baba's ashram resumes celebrating festivals - May 17, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba passes away, leaving millions to grieve (Roundup) - Apr 24, 2011
- Puttaparthi readies for Sai Baba's death anniversary - Apr 12, 2012
- Sai Baba devotees offer prayers on first death anniversary - Apr 24, 2012
- Sathya Sai Baba: A village boy who became demi god (Obituary) - Apr 24, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba passes away, millions grieve (Third Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- Spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba passes away (Second Lead) - Apr 24, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's body to be kept for two days - Apr 24, 2011
- Sai Baba's last rites Wednesday with state honours - Apr 24, 2011
- Police seize Rs.35 lakh from Sai trust's car - Jun 19, 2011
- Sai Baba devotees concerned over his health - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,