Sathya Sai Baba’s condition shows signs of improvementApril 11th, 2011 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 11 (IANS) Spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba’s condition was showing signs of improvement though he continues to be critical, doctors attending on him said Monday, two weeks afer he was admitted to the intensive care unit with pneumonia and breathing problems.
According to the latest medical bulletin by Sathya Sai Super Speciality Hospital at Puttaparthi Monday evening, Baba’s condition was improving day by day though he remained on ventilator.
“His heart, lungs and kidneys are functioning well,” said A.N. Safaya, director of the hospital in the small pilgrim town in Anantapur district.
According to the doctors, Baba’s liver functioning is also improving.
Earlier, the morning bulletin described his condition as stable. “There is an overall improvement in the functioning of all the organs although it is slow. He continues to be on the ventilator and on intermittent dialysis,” it said.
The doctors Sunday stated that Baba was also suffering from jaundice.
The 85-year-old Baba, who has millions of devotees in India and abroad, was admitted to the hospital March 28 with pneumonia and breathing problems.
- Sathya Sai Baba gradually improving, say doctors - Apr 08, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba stable but critical - Apr 15, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba critical but stable - Apr 07, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition still very critical - Apr 22, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition deteriorates (Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be very critical - Apr 23, 2011
- Sai Baba shows signs of improvement (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition continues to be very critical (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition still critical: Doctors - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition stable, say doctors - Apr 03, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition very critical, say doctors - Apr 21, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba devotes pray for his recovery - Apr 08, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba shows signs of improvement, Puttaparthi tense (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition stable - Apr 06, 2011
- Sai Baba's health stable - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: breathing problems, devotees, dialysis, doctors, India, intensive care unit, kidneys, liver, lungs, medical bulletin, old baba, organs, pilgrim, pneumonia, sathya sai baba, signs, speciality hospital, spiritual leader, stable, ventilator