Sathya Sai Baba gradually improving, say doctorsApril 8th, 2011 - 12:47 pm ICT by IANS
Puttaparthi (Andhra Pradesh), April 8 (IANS) The condition of spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba is stable and gradually improving, the hospital where he has been undergoing treatment for the last 12 days said in its bulletin Friday.
Doctors attending on the 85-year-old guru said his kidney function was getting better. However, he continued to be on ventilator to help his respiratory function.
The medical bulletin issued by Sathya Sai super speciality hospital Friday morning said heart, lung and kidney functions were improving. The doctors, however, were continuing dialysis.
Hospital director A.N. Safaya said blood sugar and other vital parameters were near normal.
Devotees of Sathya Sai Baba continued to hold prayers across this tiny pilgrim town in Anantapur district for his speedy recovery.
Sathya Sai Baba, who has millions of devotees both in India and abroad, was admitted to the hospital on March 28 with pneumonia and breathing problems.
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition shows signs of improvement - Apr 11, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba stable but critical - Apr 15, 2011
- Sai Baba shows signs of improvement (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba critical but stable - Apr 07, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition still very critical - Apr 22, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition stable, say doctors - Apr 03, 2011
- Saathya Sai Baba stable, remains on ventilator support (Second Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be very critical - Apr 23, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba shows signs of improvement, Puttaparthi tense (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba devotes pray for his recovery - Apr 08, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition stable - Apr 06, 2011
- Sai Baba still on ventilator, but stable: Doctors (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition continues to be critical - Apr 05, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition still critical: Doctors - Apr 20, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition critical, devotees anxious (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh, blood sugar, breathing problems, devotees, dialysis hospital, friday morning, heart lung, hospital director, kidney function, kidney functions, medical bulletin, pilgrim, pneumonia, respiratory function, speciality hospital, speedy recovery, spiritual leader, undergoing treatment, ventilator, vital parameters