Sathya Sai Baba continues to be criticalApril 19th, 2011 - 5:50 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 19 (IANS) Spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba’s condition continued to be critical Tuesday and doctors attending on him were worried over his slow response to the treatment.
The 85-year-old spiritual leader remained on life support system at Sathya Sai super speciality hospital at Puttaparthi town in Anantapur district, 150 km from Bangalore.
“Baba continues to be in a critical state of health. His vital systems, including liver, are showing minimal response to the treatment, which is a cause of worry for the treating doctors,” said a medical bulletin issued by the hospital Tuesday.
According to hospital director A.N. Safaya, the Baba continues to be on ventilatory support and CRRT (continuous renal replacement therapy) system of dialysis.
“His blood pressure continues to show periodic fluctuations, which is being corrected by appropriate drugs. The panel of doctors attending upon Bhagawan Baba is keeping a close, constant watch on his health parameters,” added the statement.
For the first time since Baba was admitted to the hospital March 28, the medical bulletin has not termed his condition as stable, an indication of his deteriorating condition.
Sathya Sai Baba, seen as an incarnation of God by millions of his devotees in India and abroad, has completed three weeks of treatment in the hospital.
He was admitted March 28 with irregular heartbeat, but later doctors said he was suffering from multi-organ dysfunction.
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition still very critical - Apr 22, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba stable but critical - Apr 15, 2011
- Three weeks in hospital, Sai Baba remains critical - Apr 18, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition still critical: Doctors - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba critical but stable - Apr 07, 2011
- Sai Baba shows signs of improvement (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba shows signs of improvement, Puttaparthi tense (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition continues to be critical - Apr 05, 2011
- Sai Baba still on ventilator, but stable: Doctors (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition deteriorates (Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba gradually improving, say doctors - Apr 08, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be very critical - Apr 23, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition very critical, say doctors - Apr 21, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition stable, say doctors - Apr 03, 2011
- Saathya Sai Baba stable, remains on ventilator support (Second Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: blood pressure, critical state, devotees, dialysis, doctors, drugs, hospital director, incarnation, irregular heartbeat, liver, medical bulletin, minimal response, organ dysfunction, parameters, periodic fluctuations, renal replacement therapy, sai baba, slow response, speciality hospital, spiritual leader