Sarvana Bhawan gets fresh lease of life in capitalMarch 2nd, 2009 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 2 (IANS) There was good news Monday for thousands of patrons of Sarvana Bhawan, a popular south Indian eatery in Connaught Place, when the Delhi High Court was informed that its lease deed had been renewed for two years.
On a complaint filed by Subhash Chander Gupta, the owner of P-15 premises in Connaught Place, that the lease deed expired in September 2008 and a new one was not negotiated by the owner of the eating joint, the court had on Feb 18 asked the restaurant to close down.
The legal representatives of both Gupta and the Chennai-based Thanigai Murugan Restaurant(P) Ltd, which runs the chain of Sarvana Bhawan, appeared before the Division Bench of Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and S.K. Mishra and informed that the parties had reached an agreement and the lease deed had been renewed for two years.
The reported closure of the restaurant had disappointed thousands of people who throng the restaurant everyday for delicious south Indian snacks and meals.
- Connaught Circus' Sarvana Bhawan asked to vacate place - Feb 17, 2009
- Elite Dalhousie school in trouble over land deal (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Elite Himachal school in trouble over land deal - May 14, 2012
- Delhi eatery owner fired upon by cop, escapes unhurt - Jan 10, 2012
- Man leaves behind $1 million in Australian restaurant - Nov 23, 2011
- Blaze in Delhi eatery - Oct 26, 2011
- Navratri fasting turns into feasting in land of Nawabs - Mar 29, 2012
- Hyderabad builder arrested for cheating DLF - Jun 23, 2012
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- Chef's table week, unique concept taking root in India (With Images) - Feb 19, 2012
- Churchill Brothers' ground lease to be cancelled - Aug 07, 2012
- 35 IAS officers transferred in Haryana - May 20, 2012
- Kerala eateries raided after food poisoning death - Jul 17, 2012
- Aircraft fuselage decor for Indian takeaway - Feb 01, 2012
- Three injured as fire extinguisher explodes in eatery - Dec 31, 2011