Sarkozy’s son files complaint over anti-Semitic grafittiAugust 8th, 2008 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, Aug 8 (DPA) Jean Sarkozy, the 21-year-old son of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, has filed a complaint against unknown persons over anti-Semitic grafitti, the daily Le Figaro reported Friday. The paper said a 63-year old suspect had been arrested by police., The man had previous record of known anti-Semitic comments.
The younger Sarkozy’s complaint followed a number of grafitti messages smeared on buildings in an up-scale suburb of Paris, with the message “Sarkozy, thieving Jew,” the paper said.
The incident follows on a satire column about Jean Sarkozy’s forthcoming marriage to a Jewish department store heiress and reports of his supposed conversion to Judaism.
The author of the column, which appeared in the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, was dismissed. Jean Sarkozy has denied plans to convert to Judaism.
- Three killed in French school shooting (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- 'Judaism' most popular religion in the US - Dec 25, 2010
- Assange in anti-Semitic row for accusing journalists of 'Jewish conspiracy' - Mar 03, 2011
- 'Anti-Jewish' John Galliano 'could face prison despite apology' - Mar 03, 2011
- Eva Green worried about designer John Galliano - Jun 08, 2011
- Internet campaign alleges George VI 'had Nazi sympathies' - Jan 17, 2011
- Israel President denies calling British 'anti-Semites' - Aug 02, 2010
- Four die in shooting outside school in France (Second Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Dior's John Galliano sacked over 'anti-Jewish slurs' - Mar 02, 2011
- Dita Von Teese victim of Anti-Semitism - Aug 31, 2010
- Dita Von Teese sues ex-landlord over 'Mel Gibson-like anti-Semitic rant' - Aug 31, 2010
- Label dumps fashion legend John Galliano after arrest - Feb 26, 2011
- Galliano didn't use racist remarks: Lawyer - Feb 28, 2011
- Oliver Stone in soup over comments on Jews, Hitler - Jul 27, 2010
- John Galliano found guilty - Sep 09, 2011