Sarkozy to visit Libya after Gaddafi’s captureAugust 26th, 2011 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, Aug 26 (IANS) French President Nicolas Sarkozy will pay a visit to Libya as soon as possible, but only after the capture of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, a newspaper reported Friday.
According to Le Parisien daily, Sarkozy would fly to the North African country with British Prime Minister David Cameron after the meeting of the contact group on Libya scheduled for Sep 1 in Paris.
However, the visit will be made only if Gaddafi is in the hands of the rebels, the report quoted sources close to the president’s office, the Elysee Palace, as saying.
Sarkozy is expected to visit Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi.
Rebel fighters have streamed into Tripoli and seized strategic zones forcing pro-Gaddafi forces to collapse. However, Gaddafi’s whereabouts remain unknown.
- Sarkozy promises to intensify air strikes in Libya - Apr 21, 2011
- 'France, Britain to continue military operation in Libya' - Sep 16, 2011
- France recognises rebel Libyan National Council - Mar 10, 2011
- Libyan rebels search for Gaddafi (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Libya's rebels ready for truce if Gaddafi also complies - Apr 01, 2011
- Gaddafi's troops routed in Libyan oil port battle - Mar 03, 2011
- France, Britain ready to hit Libya, says Sarkozy - Mar 11, 2011
- Libyan rebels to move headquarters to Tripoli - Aug 24, 2011
- Rebels tighten grip on Tripoli, capture Gaddafi's sons - Aug 22, 2011
- Fighter plane shot down, rebels evicted from Benghazi (Lead) - Mar 19, 2011
- Paris meeting approves military action against Libya - Mar 20, 2011
- Gaddafi sends envoy to Athens to deliver 'personal message' - Apr 04, 2011
- 'Sarkozy got 50 million euros from Gaddafi' - Apr 29, 2012
- Finally, a hunted Gaddafi bleeds to death - Oct 20, 2011
- Anti-Gaddafi forces claim of being offered to negotiate terms over dictator's departure - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,