‘Sarkar Raj’ to kick off IIFA weekend in Thailand (Lead)April 30th, 2008 - 6:40 pm ICT by admin
Bangkok, April 30 (DPA) Amitabh Bachchan starrer “Sarkar Raj” will kick off the 9th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards starting from June 6 in Bangkok. The annoucement was made here Wednesday.
“I am delighted that my film ‘Sarkar Raj’ is being premiered at the prestigious IIFA awards and am eagerly looking forward to this splendid event,” Amitabh, the IIFA brand ambassador, told media.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, the film also stars Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Ra. The three day event will end on June 8 with handing out of the awards .
The event is expected to draw Bollywood fans to Bangkok from around the region and to generate more business between India and Thailand. The two countries have signed a trade agreement.
The IIFA Weekend Bangkok is being sponsored by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Dusit Thani Hotel group, Siam Niramit Co, Indorama Group and the Bangkok Post newspaper.
- 'Sarkar 3' on cards, sans Aishwarya - Apr 25, 2012
- Thailand to host Bollywood academy awards - Apr 30, 2008
- I hate beautiful women becoming pregnant: RGV - Jun 24, 2011
- If Work Schedules Permit, We Will Attend IIFA: Abhishek Bachchan - Jan 21, 2011
- RGV's next with Abhishek again - Mar 14, 2012
- Big B has not said no to me: Varma - Apr 27, 2012
- Bollywood is huge draw in Sri Lanka - Apr 26, 2010
- Poonam Pandey wishes Husain had painted her (Movie Snippets) - Jun 09, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan no longer IIFA brand ambassador - Jan 17, 2011
- Bachchan evacuated from London hotel following suspected explosion - Jan 18, 2011
- Mr. Bachchan is playing gangster-turned-politician in my film: Varma - Sep 22, 2010
- Like Oscars, IIFA doesn't need brand ambassador: Anil Kapoor - Jun 16, 2011
- Will attend IIFA if we're free: Abhishek Bachchan - Jan 21, 2011
- Ekta's 'Shor In The City' impresses Karan Johar (Movie Snippets) - Apr 28, 2011
- My film is not about Neeraj Grover murder case: Varma - May 06, 2011