Sanyo Electric lowers operating profit, sales projections for 2008January 15th, 2009 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, Jan 15 (DPA) Sanyo Electric Co lowered its projections for operating profit and sales for the fiscal year 2008 that ends in March owing to the yen’s advance and declining sales of electronics parts and semiconductors, the company said Thursday.The Japanese home electronics maker revised downward its operating profit to 30 billion yen ($335.78 million) from an earlier projection of 50 billion yen.
Sanyo revised sales down to 1.9 trillion yen from 2.02 trillion yen.
Meanwhile, the Japanese media reported that Sanyo reached an agreement with Nippon Oil Corp to set up a joint venture in thin-film solar-cell panels.
The new company was expected to be set up in April for several hundred million yen.
The planned deal is expected to constitute a three-way solar-cell partnership because Panasonic Corp bought a controlling stake in Sanyo in December.
Sanyo and Nippon Oil reached a basic agreement on the joint venture in September, but they had not yet decided on the ownership share, according to Japan’s business daily The Nikkei Thursday.
- Panasonic returns to profit in first quarter - Jul 29, 2010
- Sharp to sell solar battery plant - Aug 16, 2012
- Panasonic begins takeover of Sanyo - Nov 05, 2009
- Japan's Panasonic projects wider loss for current fiscal - Feb 03, 2012
- Honda Motor quarterly net profit surges - Jul 31, 2012
- Micron to acquire Japanese chipmaker - Jul 03, 2012
- Panasonic incurs first annual loss in six years - May 15, 2009
- Reliance Capital gets regulator's nod to sell stakes to Nippon Life - Jun 13, 2012
- Panasonic India to relaunch Sanyo brand - Sep 10, 2010
- Toyota predicts return to black this year despite recalls - Feb 04, 2010
- Panasonic to invest $220 mn in Haryana - Jan 12, 2012
- Samsung Electronics posts record second-quarter profit - Jul 30, 2010
- Suzuki profits up for full year - May 10, 2010
- Sony announces $3.1 billion annual loss - May 27, 2011
- Sony incurs first net loss in 14 years - May 14, 2009