Sanraa Media signs $2.7-mn co-production deal with British firmJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 23 (IANS) City-based animation and entertainment major Sanraa Media Friday announced a 2-million-pound ($2.74-million) co-production deal with a London-based production firm for the animated series “The 99”.The animated series, being produced by Endemol UK, is based on the illustrated comics “The 99”, which are owned and published by the Kuwait-based Teshkeel Media Group, Sanraa said in a statement.
“Under the agreement, the entire production for the 3D Animated Series, comprising 26 episodes, will be done by Sanraa Media and day-to-day production will be overseen by Endemol,” the company said.
“The co-production deal also entitles Sanraa Media to the rights of distributing the series in India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Thailand,” said Sanraa director Sukumar Subramanian.
The production will last 22 months.
The company has its creative studios in Chennai and Bangalore with marketing offices in New Jersey. It has a workforce of 250 professionals and a support staff of nearly 90.
- DQ Entertainment to co-produce animated series - Oct 06, 2010
- Toonz celebrates double win at FICCI awards - Mar 28, 2011
- 'Shaktimaan' recreated in animation - May 17, 2012
- Panel suggests national media policy, regulation of media education - Jul 26, 2012
- 'India lacks finances, design sensibility for animation films' - Feb 03, 2011
- 'The Jungle Book' collection coming soon - Aug 26, 2010
- BBC, Reliance Big in movie co-production deal - Nov 02, 2010
- India's first Globemaster airlifter takes shape (With image) - Aug 01, 2012
- Superman, Batman to team up with Islamic superheroes in new mini-series - Jul 06, 2009
- Geojit BNP Paribas in JV with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait - Aug 08, 2011
- Toonz starts Canadian operations - Nov 23, 2010
- Leasing company drops order for 6 Boeing 787 Dreamliners, opts for Airbus - Nov 15, 2011
- KidsCo channel to air Indian animation series in 47 nations - Sep 15, 2010
- Indian artists join in creating Elvis Presley comic (With Images) - May 05, 2012
- 'Kahaani' to be remade in Tamil, Telugu - May 16, 2012