Sanjeev Nanda gets interim bailMay 12th, 2009 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) Delhi High Court Tuesday granted three weeks of interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - in jail for the infamous 1999 BMW accident case - to enable him to attend the funeral of his grandfather, former navy chief Admiral S.M. Nanda.
Justice Kailash Gambhir granted him interim bail for three weeks so that he can attend the Hindu rituals connected to the death of his grandfather, who passed away in the capital a day earlier.
Sanjeev Nanda is undergoing five years of imprisonment for mowing down six people with his BMW car in an accident in 1999.
His grandfather S.M. Nanda was a veteran of the India-Pakistan war of 1971. He will be cremated at Brar Square crematorium with full military honours Tuesday evening.
- Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Mar 06, 2009
- Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Dec 19, 2008
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay - Jan 11, 2012
- High Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Dec 19, 2008
- Delhi High Court rejects Sanjeev Nanda's bail extension plea - Jan 09, 2009
- Court issues notice to police on Sanjeev Nanda's bail plea - Dec 16, 2008
- Delhi High Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Mar 06, 2009
- Chronology of the BMW case - Jul 20, 2009
- BMW case: SC frees three convicted for proof tampering - Aug 01, 2012
- High Court refuses to extend Sanjeev Nanda''s interim bail - Jan 09, 2009
- Delhi HC upholds conviction of Nanda in BMW hit and run case - Jul 20, 2009
- Sanjeev Nanda's sentence reduced in BMW hit-and-run case (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Court likely to decide Sanjeev Nanda's fate Monday - Jul 19, 2009
- Apex court advises Nanda on courtship, wedlock - Apr 12, 2010
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012