Sanjay Dutt, Salman Khan patch upDecember 27th, 2008 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 27 (IANS) Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt, who were not on talking terms for quite sometime, met up on the sets of “Veer” and poured their hearts out to each other.A few days earlier when Salman heard Sanjay was shooting on an adjoining set at Film City, he decided to pay his estranged friend a visit.
“It’s true Salman came all the way to Sanju’s set. But when he realised Sanjay was shooting for Bunty Walia he quickly beat a retreat,” said a source.
Walia, it must be remembered, was a Salman groupie until a few years ago when things soured between them. And now Salman doesn’t want to see Bunty’s face.
“So he (Salman) turned back from his meeting with Sanjay. When Sanjay heard about this, he took charge of the situation. On Thursday afternoon, he walked up to Salman’s set and spent a good 45 minutes with his old friend.
“The ice between them broke the minute they hugged each other. They spoke about everything under the sun, except films,” the source said.
At the end of the reunion, Sanjay and Salman, who teamed up in hit movie “Sajan”, decided to do a film together. The two will be coming together in a film to be produced by Sanjay.
So what had gone wrong between Salman and his erstwhile mentor and role model?
The two were thick as thieves until a world tour where Salman apparently cut his hand to impress Sanjay, but it didn’t go down well with the senior actor.
Soon after this incident in the US, Sanjay had said: “I wish he would model himself on my better qualities. I do have many good qualities. Salman should keep a low profile and work hard and get serious in life. All the playing around isn’t finally worth it. Ultimately all of us want to be remembered as good hardworking human beings. The hit-and-run incident wouldn’t have made such a media splash if it wasn’t Salman Khan. But because he has been constantly in the news he went to jail and had to suffer. Being rash and brash in life is finally self-defeating.”
Having come to terms with his own rashness and brashness Salman seems to be mending the bridges with old friends. Sanjay was on top of his list.
“They met like nothing had gone wrong between them and have promised to meet up regularly,” the source said.
- Salman will watch 'Rascals' - Oct 03, 2011
- When Salman's wish became Sanjay, Ajay's command! - Feb 21, 2011
- SRK wishes Riteish for production innings (Movie Snippets) - Sep 14, 2012
- Thanks to Delhi fog, Abhishek missed 'Bigg Boss' event - Jan 02, 2012
- Amitabh unveils first look of Sanjay Dutt's 'Rascals' - Aug 12, 2011
- Super chor 'Bunty' arrested in Bhopal, police confirm - Jan 16, 2012
- 'Lamhaa' producer uses new way to find buyers - May 30, 2009
- Recession Takes Its Toll, Biggies Unsold, Lamhaa Finds A Unique Way Of Finding Buyers - May 30, 2009
- Sanju- Sallu: Friend turned foes - Apr 23, 2009
- Guess Who Will Be Hosting 'Dus Ka Dum' In This Season? - Nov 17, 2010
- I want to sing for SRK: Javed Ali - Jul 02, 2012
- Lack of strong script delaying third 'Munna Bhai': Hirani - Apr 02, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt ditched Manyata for 10 Ka Dum? - Jul 07, 2009
- Paris Hilton's relationship on rocks? - May 31, 2012
- Knock Out Rakes In Praises! - Oct 20, 2010