Sanjay Dutt not a serious candidate: Sushma SwarajFebruary 28th, 2009 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 28 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj said here Saturday that Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt, who will be contesting the Lok Sabha poll from Lucknow on a Samjawadi Party ticket, is not a serious candidate.
“Lalji Tandon (the BJP candidate from Lucknow) is a serious politician and Sanjay Dutt is a non-serious candidate,” Swaraj, who was here to launch the party’s election campaign in Chhattisgarh, told reporters.
Swaraj added that Tandon was chosen to contest the election from Lucknow since he was nominated by former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee, who has held the seat for five successive terms.
“The BJP stands to gain in many states, including Jharkhand and Gujarat, and retain seats in Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh in the upcoming elections. The NDA (National Democratic Alliance) will form the next government at the centre,” said Swaraj.
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012
- BJP backs Sangma for presidential election (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Jaswant files nomination for vice presidential poll (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Presidential run-up more damaging for BJP than Congress (Comment) - Jun 23, 2012
- I am not sure if NDA will get majority: Sushma Swaraj - Apr 01, 2009
- Party leaders should be selected through merit only: Jaitley - Sep 22, 2011
- Sushma Swaraj would make a dashing prime minister: Bal Thackeray - Sep 09, 2012
- BJP tries to bridge gaps on presidential contest (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Nominations for fourth phase begin in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 25, 2012
- Mayawati questions authenticity of Vajpayee appeal to Lucknow voters - Apr 27, 2009
- Advani points to a leadership vacuum (Comment) - Aug 11, 2012
- NDA PM should be like Vajpayee: Sushil Modi - Jun 19, 2012
- BJP celebrates Vajpayee's birthday in Lucknow - Dec 25, 2010
- Tandon confident of retaining Vajpayee's 'legacy' - Feb 28, 2009
- 'Samajwadi Party will soon name Lucknow candidate' - Mar 31, 2009