Sangma to canvass in Bihar July 14July 10th, 2012 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 10 (IANS) Opposition-backed presidential candidate P.A Sangma will visit Bihar capital July 14 to canvass for the July 19 poll, BJP leader and Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said Tuesday.
Soon after his arrival in the city, Sangma will hold a meeting with the Bharatiya Janata Party’s 91 legislators, Modi told media persons here.
Sangma had already visited BJP-ruled states like Gujarat, Goa and Madhya Pradesh, he added.
However, the BJP’s ally and coalition partner, Janata Dal-United (JD-U) is supporting the United Progressive Alliance presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal and Lok Janshakti Party have already announced their support for Mukherjee.
- Sangma seeks support in Bihar - Jul 14, 2012
- Sangma expects 'miracle' in presidential election (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Nitish, Modi don't vote - Jul 19, 2012
- JD-U to support Pranab for presidency - Jun 21, 2012
- BJP's alliance partners in Jharkhand to support Pranab - Jul 17, 2012
- Many BSP, JD-U members supporting me: Sangma - Jul 10, 2012
- India needs Pranab as president: Sharad Yadav - Jul 22, 2012
- NDA meet on presidential candidate begins in Delhi - Jun 17, 2012
- GJM to go with Trinamool on presidential poll - Jun 28, 2012
- JD-U to support Pranab for presidency (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- NDA fails to decide on presidential poll (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Presidential poll: Pranab, Sangma to file papers Thursday - Jun 27, 2012
- Presidential contest: NDA, Left divided over Pranab; BJP backs Sangma (Roundup) - Jun 21, 2012
- Pranab files nomination for presidential election (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Nitish meets Jaswant, pledges support - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: ally, bharatiya janata party, bjp, coalition partner, deputy chief minister, goa, gujarat, jd, july 14, legislators, lok, media persons, modi, opposition, patna, poll, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, progressive alliance, sushil kumar