Sand artist pays tribute to Dev AnandDecember 5th, 2011 - 12:49 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Dec 5 (IANS) Sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik Monday created a huge sculpture in Odisha as a tribute to Bollywood legend Dev Anand who died after a career spanning 65 years.
Pattnaik said he used five tonnes of sand and devoted about two hours to create the face of the star with a 25-ft-long movie reel bearing the message ‘Evergreen Hero’.
Hundreds of people, including locals and tourists, gathered at the Chandrabhaga beach at Konark in Puri district, about 60 km from here, and paid their floral tribute to the veteran actor’s sculpture.
“I am a big fan of Dev Anandji. I created this sculpture to pay him my tribute,” Pattnaik told IANS.
The legendary actor died in London early Sunday at the age of 88.
- Odisha artist makes ailing Big B's sand image (With Image) - Feb 19, 2012
- Huge sand cake for birthday boy Sachin (With Image) - Apr 23, 2011
- 125-ft-long sand cricket bat to usher World Cup (With Image) - Feb 12, 2011
- A huge sand cake for Sachin! - Apr 22, 2011
- Santa in sand, courtesy Odisha artist (With Image) - Dec 25, 2011
- Indian sand artist wins gold in Spain (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sandy tribute to Japan tsunami victims (With Images) - Mar 12, 2011
- Tribute to 26/11 victims - sculpted in sand (With Image) - Nov 26, 2010
- Sand artist creates image on earth quake - Sep 20, 2011
- Sand image on beach in Hazare's support - Aug 13, 2011
- Indian sand artist wins prize in Denmark (With Image) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sudarsan aims new record with sand Santa on Christmas eve - Dec 24, 2010
- Indian artist to create climate change sculpture in Japan - Jan 22, 2012
- Sand artist Pattnaik conferred honorary doctorate - May 02, 2012
- Mubarak's sand sculpture created in Orissa (With Image) - Feb 05, 2011