Samsung slashes prices of LCD TVs, refrigeratorsDecember 12th, 2008 - 12:25 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 11 (IANS) Samsung India, one of the leading fast moving, consumer durables companies in the country, Thursday slashed prices of its liquid crystal display (LCD) televisions and refrigerators in an attempt to pass on the benefit of the excise duty cut announced by the government Sunday.The 52-inch LCD model will now be cheaper by as much as Rs.10,000, a company statement said.
The new price range for the company’s LCD TVs will be Rs.59,000-Rs.129,000.
Earlier there were reports that consumer durables companies were reluctant to cut prices even after a four percent cut in the central value-added tax (Cenvat), as input costs were high due to rupee appreciation.
Samsung has four series of LCD televisions available in the Indian market.
The company also announced an average price drop of two percent for its direct-cool and frost-free refrigerators, which will translate into a reduction of Rs.50 to Rs.250 for consumers.
Prices of semi-automatic and fully automatic washing machines were also dropped by about 1.5 percent, the statement added.
- Consumer durable firms increase prices but say demand will be strong - Oct 18, 2011
- Consumer durables prices to go up again - Jun 10, 2012
- Whirlpool introduces new products for larger market share - Mar 22, 2012
- Samsung India posts $3.5 billion turnover in 2010 - Jan 20, 2011
- Choice the buzzword, as consumers pampered like never before (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 25, 2010
- Freebee, not discount is this year's mantra for Diwali sale - Oct 24, 2010
- Samsung unveils high definition 3D TVs - Aug 04, 2010
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- Samsung to acquire Sony stake in LCD joint venture - Dec 26, 2011
- Samsung to make India production hub for consumer electronics - Nov 26, 2010
- Diwali glitter in Mumbai despite inflation! - Oct 24, 2011
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Samsung unveils product portfolio for 2011 - Apr 13, 2011
- Samsung India targets $2 bn turnover this year - Jul 15, 2009
- Indian handsets market reports 5 percent drop in revenues - Jul 09, 2012