Samsung India targets 25 percent turnover growthFebruary 5th, 2009 - 7:10 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 5 (IANS) Consumer durables major Samsung India Electronics Ltd, which reported a turnover of $1.7 billion in 2008, is targeting 25 percent growth this year, a top official said here Thursday.”We don’t see any serious slowdown in our sales owing to the economic slowdown. We are confident of achieving our targets this year” with the government’s measures stimulating demand and banks easing lending norms, Samsung deputy managing director R. Zutshi told reporters after launching a range of air conditioners.
The company is also targeting to double exports to Rs.10 billion (Rs.1,000 crore) in 2009, he added.
“We will invest around $20 million in our Noida and Chennai plants in machinery and moulds,” Zutshi said.
Towards achieving the aggressive targets, the company will double the number of Samsung Plazas to 600 (all franchisee-owned) and increase the penetration of its products in higher number of multi brand showrooms across the country.
Speaking about the air conditioner market, Zutshi said the industry sold around two million units last year and the expectation for the current calendar year is 2.4 million units.
Samsung India is targeting to increase its air conditioner sales volumes by 200,000 to 600,000 units this year.
- Samsung India posts $3.5 billion turnover in 2010 - Jan 20, 2011
- Samsung to make India production hub for consumer electronics - Nov 26, 2010
- Samsung India targets $2 bn turnover this year - Jul 15, 2009
- Ingersoll Rand launches China-made air-conditioners - Aug 14, 2012
- Air-conditioner sales to grow this summer - Mar 08, 2012
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Samsung Electronics' operating profit grows 13 percent in Q3 - Oct 28, 2011
- Yamaha to set up Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu - May 14, 2012
- Nissan expects production boost from $2 bn plant in Mexico - Jul 11, 2012
- Samsung targets $100 mn revenue from B2B segment - Feb 05, 2011
- Diwali glitter in Mumbai despite inflation! - Oct 24, 2011
- Emerson Climate eyes 1.5-tonne split-AC compressor segment - May 23, 2012
- Hitachi to double its India turover by 2013 - Feb 09, 2011
- Samsung unveils high definition 3D TVs - Aug 04, 2010
- Daikin India to commission room air conditioner line in July - Feb 21, 2012