Samjhauta blast accused arrested in Malegaon caseFebruary 27th, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 27 (IANS) The National Investigation Agency Monday arrested Lokesh Sharma, an accused in the Samjhauta Express train bombing case, for his alleged involvement in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, police said.
Presently in judicial custody in the Samjhauta Express case, Sharma was presented before the MCOCA Special Judge Y.D. Shinde who remanded him to custody till March 9.
The arrest - the 13th in the case - follows a warrant issued against Sharma last Thursday by the Special Court hearing the Sep 29, 2008 Malegaon blast case which killed six people and injured over a hundred others.
The NIA had contended that it required to question Sharma, but had failed to secure his custody earlier last week from Haryana’s Panchkula court.
Sharma’s alleged involvement came to the fore after the interrogation of Kamlesh Chauhan, who is accused of planting the explosive in the Samjhauta Express.
Besides his involvement in other terror acts in different parts of the country, Sharma was reportedly close to Sunil Joshi, the suspected Samjhauta Express blast mastermind, who was later killed.
The NIA is handling several terror cases including the Malegaon blast of 2006 and 2008, Samjhauta Express blast, Ajmer and Hyderabad blasts.
- 2008 Malegaon blast accused gets bail - Jun 05, 2012
- Mecca Masjid blast accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 18, 2012
- Samjhauta blast: Aseemanand sent to judicial custody till Jan. 27 - Jan 13, 2011
- Samjhauta blast: Swami Aseemanand produced before Panchkula court - Jan 13, 2011
- Malegaon blasts: CBI submits Aseemanand's statement to court - Feb 17, 2011
- Judicial custody of Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand extended till May 2 - Apr 30, 2011
- Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand claims innocence - Apr 22, 2011
- Court gives bail to nine in 2006 Malegaon blasts case - Nov 05, 2011
- Almost all major terror cases solved: Government - Feb 16, 2012
- NIA not allowed to question Ajmer dargah blast suspect - Sep 23, 2011
- RSS' Aseemanand charged for Mecca Masjid blast (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Aseemanand insists he is innocent in Samjhauta blasts - Jul 18, 2011
- Court allows NIA to compare Samjhauta, Malegaon blasts evidence - Sep 28, 2011
- Samjhauta blast: Aseemanand in court, two declared offenders - Jul 01, 2011
- Digvijay Singh accuses MP Govt. of helping Samjhauta blast accused - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: acts, ajmer, express train, haryana, hyderabad blasts, interrogation, investigation agency, judicial custody, last thursday, malegaon blast, mastermind, national investigation, panchkula, samjhauta express, shinde, special judge, sunil joshi, terror, train bombing, warrant