Salman Khurshid challenges expulsion from DPS societySeptember 4th, 2008 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) Two days after being expelled from the Delhi Public School (DPS) society, Congress leader Salman Khurshid moved Delhi High Court Thursday challenging the move. Justice H.R. Malhotra posted the matter for Sep 9 for further hearing.
The DPS society expelled Khurshid for indulging in “anti-DPS activities”.
In his petition, Khurshid has alleged that since he had raised his voice against the commercialization of education, it was termed as “anti-DPS” by the school body.
“There are 11 schools which the DPS society owns and runs. The other 119 are franchisees run by other societies,” the petition stated.
“The schools pay lakhs of rupees every year to get affiliation from the society. So the society cannot claim to be a non-profit making organisation,” Khurshid alleged.
Khurshid, a DPS alumnus, has been a member of the society since 1984.
- Court seeks DPS Society's response on Khushid expulsion - Nov 23, 2009
- DPS offers to withdraw expulsion notice to Salman Khurshid - Jan 19, 2010
- No court relief to Khurshid on expulsion from DPS Society - Oct 27, 2009
- Salman Khurshid, DPS urged to mutually settle row - Sep 19, 2008
- Salman Khurshid alleges irregularities in DPS Society - Sep 10, 2008
- Iskcon factions in court battle over Krishna temple - Jan 22, 2012
- Assembly resolution on Rajiv killers not binding: Khurshid - Aug 30, 2011
- Congress distances from Khurshid, BJP demands PM sack him (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- BJP members expelled from Delhi assembly - Sep 01, 2011
- Government wants review of apex court's black money order - Jul 15, 2011
- Talks progressing well: Khurshid - Aug 24, 2011
- Don't worry about group C employees: Khurshid - Dec 02, 2011
- Soul Survirors: Saving dying tribes of northeast with art - Apr 24, 2011
- Talks between Team Anna, government inconclusive (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- NC worker's death: Ex-Supreme Court judge sought for probe - Oct 29, 2011