Salman Khurshid alleges irregularities in DPS SocietySeptember 10th, 2008 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 10 (IANS) Congress leader Salman Khurshid Wednesday filed a petition in the Delhi High Court, accusing the Delhi Public School (DPS) society of committing irregularities and sought an enquiry into the issue.Khurshid, who was expelled from the society Sep 1 for allegedly objecting to its style of functioning, has alleged that it was indulging in commercialisation of education.
Filing a public interest petition before the court of Chief Justice Ajit Prakash Shah and Justice S. Muralidhar, he said that the society management has been collecting money from schools in the name of licence and signing fees, which goes against the norms of the Delhi Education Act.
He alleged that it was collecting from franchisees Rs.1 million - Rs.500,000 for using the name and logo of the society and the rest for the agreement to run the school.
Seeking an enquiry by the Registrar of Societies, he also alleged that some members of the Society were not in a position to carry out the functions, but were still its members.
The court initially declined to entertain the petition and said: “There is no public interest involved in it and your motive is very clear in the petition.” However, it later reserved its order.
The DPS Society expelled Khurshid for indulging in “anti-DPS activities”, but the Congress leader has challenged his expulsion in the Delhi High Court. In his petition Sep 4, Khurshid has alleged that since he raised his voice against the commercialization of education, it was termed as “anti-DPS” activity by the school society.
Khurshid, a DPS alumnus, has been a member of the society since 1984.
- Court seeks DPS Society's response on Khushid expulsion - Nov 23, 2009
- DPS offers to withdraw expulsion notice to Salman Khurshid - Jan 19, 2010
- No court relief to Khurshid on expulsion from DPS Society - Oct 27, 2009
- Salman Khurshid, DPS urged to mutually settle row - Sep 19, 2008
- Salman Khurshid challenges expulsion from DPS society - Sep 04, 2008
- Court rejects plea to withdraw Amod Kanth's medals - Apr 07, 2011
- Court seeks government's response on plea against Amod Kanth (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- 'Not sure about filing for review on RTE decision' - Apr 13, 2012
- Delhi High Court rejects petition on Lokpal bill - Sep 01, 2011
- Apex court notice to Hazare, Maharashtra, central government - Oct 17, 2011
- Court notice over girls' admission to Delhi school (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- CAG to submit audit report against 25 private schools - Mar 08, 2011
- Court issues notice to Amod Kanth in 1984 medal case - Sep 16, 2011
- Court reserves order on admission of petition against Hazare - Apr 27, 2011
- Court notice to school on poor student's plea - Jun 02, 2012