Salman Bashir is new Pakistani envoy to IndiaApril 14th, 2012 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 14 (IANS) Pakistan Saturday formally announced the appointment of Salman Bashir as its new high commissioner to India.
Foreign Office spokesman Moazzam Ahmed Khan said the government has appointed former Pakistani foreign secretary Salman Bashir as its new envoy to India.
Bashir will replace Shahid Malik, who is currently Pakistan’s envoy to India. Bashir served as the country’s foreign secretary from April 2008 to March 2012, the official APP news agency reported.
- Salman Bashir likely to replace Malik as Pak HC to India - Jan 17, 2011
- Pakistan, US to ink supply route agreement - Jul 12, 2012
- Rahat freed, but asked to stay in India pending probe (Intro Night Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahat's interrogation continues, Pakistan seeks his release (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan freed, not allowed to leave India (Night Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Pakistan seeks release of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Feb 14, 2011
- Ahead of talks, India and Pakistan in diplomatic row (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2011
- Ahead of talks, Pakistan's new envoy arrives in India - Jun 21, 2012
- Rahat's visa to be extended, Pakistan thanks India for release (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- India, Pakistan discuss cross-Kashmir CBMs, terror (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Foreign secretaries meet on agenda for Manmohan-Gilani meeting - Nov 08, 2011
- Preparations underway for Pak Foreign Secretary's visit to US - Apr 11, 2011
- 11 new ministers inducted in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- India ready to host Pakistan's foreign minister in July - Jun 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan firm up cross-Kashmir CBMs, discuss terror (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2011