Saleh wounded in shelling on presidential palace in Sana’aJune 3rd, 2011 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
Sana’a, June 3 (IANS) Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh and several high-ranking officials suffered injuries in shelling on the presidential palace in Sana’a Friday, Xinhua quoted a security official as saying.
Saleh was slightly injured while Yemeni Prime Minister Ali Mujawar, Deputy Prime Minister Rashid al-Alami and parliament speaker Yahya al-Raiee were also wounded, the official said.
Some bodies were taken out of the palace, said witnesses.
Earlier, a series of explosions and heavy gunfire rocked a mosque near Saleh’s palace in Sana’a, said witnesses.
Columns of smoke due to explosions and heavy shooting were seen coming out from the residential neighbourhoods surrounding the presidential palace in south of Sana’a.
- Yemen's Saleh hands over power to new president - Feb 27, 2012
- Saleh says he is 'in good health' after mosque attack - Jun 04, 2011
- Tens of thousands protest in Yemen against President Saleh - Apr 18, 2011
- 19 killed, hundreds injured in clashes across Yemen - May 12, 2011
- Saleh's family preventing vice-president from taking full power - Jun 06, 2011
- When a British diplomat had a scare in Yemen - May 23, 2011
- Protests rattle major cities across Yemen - Apr 14, 2011
- Thousands stage protests in Yemen - Jun 27, 2011
- Yemeni vice president is acting president: Al Jazeera - Jun 05, 2011
- US asks Yemeni president to hand over power - Jul 11, 2011
- Over 50 killed as clashes between Yemeni security forces and tribal rebels continue - May 25, 2011
- Amnesty for prisoners jailed during Yemen unrest - Nov 28, 2011
- Yemen president to step down - Oct 08, 2011
- Yemeni President Saleh says he will 'soon' return to his country - Aug 17, 2011
- Yemen opposition insists Saleh quit, president digs in - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: alami, ali abdullah saleh, deputy prime minister, heavy gunfire, june 3, mosque, parliament, parliament speaker, president ali abdullah saleh, rashid, residential neighbourhoods, security official, series of explosions, xinhua, yahya, yemeni president