Sakshi petition against CBI action dismissedMay 14th, 2012 - 7:25 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 14 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court Monday dismissed petitions by the Sakshi Group owned by YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy challenging the freezing of its bank accounts.
Pronouncing the orders reserved last Thursday, the court dismissed the three petitions filed by Jagati Publications, Indira Television and Janani Infrastructure, all owned by Jaganmohan Reddy, known as Jagan.
The CBI, which is probing Jagan’s alleged illegal assets, on May 7 froze the bank accounts of the three companies.
Jagati Publications, which publishes the Telugu daily Sakshi, Indira Television, which runs the 24-hour news channel Sakshi, and infrastructure firm Janani challenged the CBI action on the ground that it was done with malafide intention.
Jagan had also described the freezing of bank accounts as an attack on the freedom of press.
The investigating agency, however, defended its action, saying it was taken solely in the interest of the state.
- No role in CBI action against Sakshi group: Chief minister - May 09, 2012
- Court dismisses CBI petition for attachment of Jagan firms - May 21, 2012
- Jagan's Sakshi group challenges freezing of accounts - May 09, 2012
- Denial of ads to Sakshi: Court suspends order - May 17, 2012
- Andhra stops ads to Sakshi newspaper, TV - May 10, 2012
- YSR Congress party, journalists protest CBI action - May 09, 2012
- CBI allowed to attach Jagan's properties - May 17, 2012
- CBI summons Jagan in illegal mining case - Nov 02, 2011
- CBI continues probe into Jagan's assets - Jul 29, 2011
- Court rejects CBI plea for narco test on Jagan aide (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan, two others in illegal assets case (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- ED plea to quiz Jagan: Court decision July 6 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- CBI seeks court nod for Jagan aide's narco test - Jan 25, 2012
- Court allows ED to question Jagan for 14 days - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: assets, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, congress party, freedom of press, hour news, indira, infrastructure firm, intention, investigating agency, jagan, last thursday, party leader, petition, petitions, television, telugu