Sajid Khan wishes Sridevi, Madhuri were youngerAugust 30th, 2008 - 11:14 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 30 (IANS) Actor-turned-director Sajid Khan is looking for a talented heroine for his second directorial venture “Housefull”, and says he would have cast Sridevi or Madhuri Dixit if they were younger.”Actually, I would love to cast either Sridevi or Madhuri Dixit for the role, but I wish they were younger. They don’t suit the role with their age now,” Sajid told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
The multi-starrer romantic comedy “Housefull” is Sajid’s second film after his successful directorial debut “Heyy Babyy”.
He has finalised most of the actors except one. The stars he’s roped in include Deepika Padukone, Jiah Khan, Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh and Boman Irani.
Sajid is yet to zero in on an actress to play the third female lead. And he needs someone with good comic timing.
“I still haven’t been able to choose anyone. Whoever she will be will have to be extremely gifted. I want a quality actor whose comedy timing is great. Maybe I cast a new girl only. I’m not too sure,” he said.
At the moment, Sajid is basking in the success of his celebrity talk show “Sajid’s Superstars” that airs every Saturday on entertainment channel Colors.
He says the biggest surprise on the show is yet to come. “Akshay Kumar’s episode is the most superb episode of my show. It is yet to air and has a huge surprise.”
Sajid, who digs out the deepest secrets of stars with a pinch of humour on his show, is quite content with the response to the programme.
“I was very confident that the show would do well. It has substance in it and a lot of entertainment value. You get to enjoy Bollywood stars as people. They talk on TV like never before. And I don’t get to know of the success of the show as much from the audience. It is when actors call me up and say we want to be on your show that I know the show is a hit,” he said.
However, the actor-director Sajid refused to divulge the names of actors who wanted to be seen on “Sajid’s Superstars”.
Sajid’s recipe to make the show a hit is to have “no script at all”. “I don’t do much research on the actors except for pre-selecting the video clipping that I want to show and that’s all,” he concluded.
His sister Farah, who directed “Main Hoon Na” and “Om Shanti Om”, had choreographed two songs in “Heyy Babyy”, but Sajid says they will never get together to direct a film.
“I don’t think Farah and I will make a film together. She is a director in her own right. But, yes, she did two songs for me in ‘Heyy Babyy’ and I hope she continues doing so,” he said.
- Me, Nadiadwala don't make films for money: Sajid Khan - Mar 19, 2012
- Multi-starrers are risky: Sajid Khan - Mar 22, 2012
- 'Anarkali disco chali' puts pressure on Malaika, Farah - Feb 13, 2012
- My image has changed after two directorial hits: Sajid Khan (Interview) - Jun 04, 2010
- 'Himmatwala' will cross Rs.100 crore in first week: Sajid Khan - Jun 21, 2012
- Now a film based on Osho's ideology (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- Sajid Khan hits hattrick with 'Housefull 2' - Apr 13, 2012
- I make people nervous, I never get nervous: Sajid Khan - Mar 18, 2012
- I'll never act in my films: Sajid Khan - Apr 27, 2010
- 'Housefull 2' will see fresh pairs on screen - Mar 02, 2011
- Sajid Khan to direct Akshay only for Nadiadwala - Sep 02, 2010
- Multi-starrers are important: Shreyas - Mar 20, 2012
- Sibling power rocks Bollywood (Aug 13 is Rakhi) - Aug 10, 2011
- No title track for 'Housefull 2' also - Mar 14, 2011
- Shah Rukh and Akshay to work together? - Apr 22, 2010