Saina to open her campaign in Malaysia Open WednesdayMay 3rd, 2011 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 3 (IANS) India’s Saina Nehwal will begin her campaign in Malaysia Open Grand Prix gold against Jiayuan Chen of Singapore in women’s singles at Alor Setar Wednesday.
Saina, who crashed out of the India Open Super Series in the first round here last week, is the top seed in the tournament and would be looking to make up for her disappointing loss at home.
The Indian was upset by Japan’s Ai Goto, who is placed in the bottom half of the draw and will take on eighth seed Jie Yao of the Netherlands.
China’s Xin Wang is seeded second in women’s singles and will play qualifier Lok Yan Poon of Hong Kong in the first round.
Other Indians in fray on the opening day in men’s draw are Ajay Jayram, Ananad Pawar, Arvind Bhat Anup Sridhar, Parupalli Kashyap, seeded 12th, and Guru Sai Dutt, who reached the quarterfinal of India Open Super Series.
- Saina in second round of Malaysia Open Grand Prix - May 04, 2011
- Saina loses to Xin Wang in Malaysian Open Grand Prix final (Lead) - May 08, 2011
- India Open Super Series: Saina makes a tearful first round exit (Roundup) - Apr 27, 2011
- Saina beats World Champion to enter Malaysia Open semifinal - May 06, 2011
- Saina steady at fourth, Sourabh jumps 45 places in world ranking - May 05, 2011
- India Open Super Series: Saina makes shock first round exit (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Saina, Kashyap, Sourabh advance to Thailand Open quarters - Jun 09, 2011
- India Open Super Series: Sourabh, Sai Datt keep India's hopes alive (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Saina confident of making a mark in Indian Open - Apr 25, 2011
- Saina in Malaysian Open final - May 07, 2011
- Olympic badminton: India's Saina marches into quarters - Aug 02, 2012
- World Badminton: Jwala, Ashwini storm into semis, Saina exits (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- Hong Kong Open: Saina, Bhat, Gurusai Dutt in second round - Nov 16, 2011
- Saina enters second round of Swiss Open - Mar 14, 2012
- Saina, Chetan move up in of Malaysia Open Super series - Jan 20, 2010