Saibaba Temple gets diamonds worth Rs.1.18 croreAugust 1st, 2012 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
Shirdi (Maharashtra), Aug 1 (IANS) An identified person has donated two diamonds worth Rs.1.18 crore to the Shirdi Saibaba Temple here, an official said Wednesday.
“A Sai Baba devotee donated two diamonds of two and three carats each and a gold chain. We found the diamonds in the temple’s donation box. They are valued at Rs.1.18 crore,” said an official of the Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust that runs the temple.
However, this is not for the first time the temple has received such a big donation.
In March this year, Mumbai businessman Kiran Mehta donated a 40-kg silver throne. The estimated value of the throne was over Rs.20 lakh.
In December 2007, a builder from Hyderabad donated a 95-kg gold throne worth nearly Rs.9.5 crore on which the idol of Saibaba now rests.
- Mumbai businessman offers silver throne for Shirdi Saibaba (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- Replica of Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Mumbai - Dec 14, 2011
- Saibaba's sandals will not be taken to Britain - Aug 23, 2010
- Travelator to make Shirdi Sai Baba temple visit hassle-free - Nov 09, 2011
- Shirdi temple gets new trustees (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Shirdi temple trust to honour Tendulkar - Apr 04, 2011
- Sai Baba devotees offer prayers on first death anniversary - Apr 24, 2012
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees - Mar 13, 2012
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Shirdi temple: new trustees appointed (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 28, 2012
- Court stays new Shirdi temple board of trustees - Mar 30, 2012
- Shirdi's Sai Baba temple goes green with solar steam cooking system - Oct 20, 2010
- Shutdown in Shirdi, villagers go on hunger strike - Apr 20, 2011
- Puttaparthi readies for Sai Baba's death anniversary - Apr 12, 2012
- More treasure found in Sai Baba's ashram (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011