Sai Baba’s condition still critical: DoctorsApril 20th, 2011 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 20 (IANS) The condition of spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba, seen as the incarnation of god by his devotees in India and abroad, continues to be critical, his doctors said Wednesday.
According to doctors attending on him at Sathya Sai super speciality hospital at Puttaparthi in Andhra Pradesh’s Anantapur district, the condition of Sai Baba’s liver and his low blood pressure are causing concern.
“Sri Sathya Sai Baba continues to be in a critical state of health. Although His vital parameters and indices are nearly normal, yet the condition of the liver and intermittent episodes of low blood pressure are still a cause of worry,” said a medical bulletin issued by the hospital Wednesday.
Hospital director A.N. Safya said Sai Baba continued to be on assisted ventilation to help his lungs and on CRRT (continuous renal replacement therapy) to assist his kidney functioning.
The panel of doctors are watching him round the clock and giving all the necessary treatment to keep him in a stable state of health, added the statement.
The 85-year-old self-styled godman was admitted to hospital on March 28 with breathing and heart problems. The doctors later said he was suffering from multi-organ dysfunction.
- Sai Baba's condition deteriorates (Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be critical - Apr 19, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition still very critical - Apr 22, 2011
- Three weeks in hospital, Sai Baba remains critical - Apr 18, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba shows signs of improvement, Puttaparthi tense (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba's condition continues to be very critical (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition very critical, say doctors - Apr 21, 2011
- Sai Baba still on ventilator, but stable: Doctors (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be very critical - Apr 23, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba critical but stable - Apr 07, 2011
- Sathya Saibaba suffers liver failure at Puttaparthi hospital - Apr 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba very critical, Puttaparthi preparing for worst (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba still 'very critical', say doctors - Apr 22, 2011
- Sai Baba's condition continues to be critical - Apr 05, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba stable but critical - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: anantapur district, critical state, godman, heart problems, hospital director, intermittent episodes, low blood pressure, medical bulletin, necessary treatment, organ dysfunction, puttaparthi, renal replacement therapy, safya, sathya sai baba, speciality hospital, spiritual leader, sri sathya sai, sri sathya sai baba, stable state, vital parameters