Sahay urges people to join Clean India campaignJanuary 9th, 2012 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) Every Indian has a duty to keep the country’s heritage safe and clean, union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay said Monday, urging people to join the Clean India campaign in large numbers.
Inaugurating the 3-D show on Clean India campaign at India Gate lawns here, the minister said every section of society should join the campaign to promote India as a major tourist destination.
“India is a country with rich heritage and it is the duty of every Indian to keep it clean and safe”, Sahay said.
“It is we, the people, who can make India an Incredible India by making ourselves credible and involving the public and the private sectors in keeping our monuments, beaches, stations, bus stops and other destinations clean,” he added.
The event was organised to make people aware of country’s rich and vibrant heritage and efforts needed to preserve it.
The Clean India campaign was launched by tourism ministry in December last year to improve quality of services and provide a hygienic environment in and around tourist destinations across the country.
The ministry had conducted a survey in some selected sites which revealed that hygiene and sanitation in tourist destinations was a concern among foreign and domestic tourists.
- Sahai urges people to join Clean India campaign (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- 'Clean India' campaign to boost tourism - Dec 20, 2011
- Double tourist inflow, Sahay urges northeastern states - Apr 10, 2012
- Clean India Campaign to kick off from Qutab Minar - Jun 18, 2012
- Tourism minister launches Clean India Campaign - Jun 19, 2012
- India sees spurt in tourist arrivals, but sanitation a concern - Apr 21, 2011
- Dhoni to be roped in for Incredible India campaign: Sahay - Apr 25, 2011
- Government mulling visa-on-arrival scheme for 10 more countries - Sep 07, 2012
- Saving tiger, tourism can go on together: Sahay - Jul 29, 2012
- Government to attact more tourists to northeast: Minister - Nov 19, 2011
- UP to develop Buddhist, Sufi and Hindu religious circuits - Jul 21, 2012
- India, Israel to enhance tourism cooperation - Sep 05, 2011
- IFFI to be part of Incredible India campaign: Official - Nov 12, 2011
- Major push to tourism planned - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Develop tourism by public private partnerships' - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: bus stops, d show, destination india, domestic tourists, hygiene and sanitation, hygienic environment, incredible india, india gate, kant, large numbers, lawns, monuments, New Delhi, private sectors, rich heritage, subodh, tourism minister, tourism ministry, tourist destination, tourist destinations