Sahara India to sponsor Indian volleyballApril 16th, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) India’s corporate major Sahara India, chief sponsors of the Indian cricket team and owners of Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Pune Warriors, Monday announced that they will support Indian volleyball for the next four years.
Sahara, in a statement said, it has pledged to promote and financially support the men’s national teams (senior and junior) for a span of four years.
“We see lot of scope to develop the game of volleyball and therefore we have come forward to lend our support to the national teams on the eve of Olympics 2012 so that these talented athletes are motivated to perform better to bring more laurels to the nation,” said Subrata Roy, chairman of the Sahara India Pariwar.
B. Sivanthi Adityan, president of the Volleyball Federation of India, said it was a privilege and honour to be associated with a sports-loving and promoting group like Sahara.
“We are confident that this tie-up would encourage our boys to perform better besides giving the federation an opportunity to build a stronger Indian team for the upcoming qualifiers and other world championships. We sincerely appreciate this gesture,” he said.
Besides sponsoring the national cricket and hockey teams, Sahara India also supports Indian boxing, wrestling, archery, shooting, athletics, football and tennis.
- Sahara India renews sponsorship deal with Hockey India - Feb 08, 2012
- Sahara pick up Lucknow franchise of HI League - Jul 23, 2012
- Sahara not to aid sports federations for London Games failure - Aug 13, 2012
- Sahara India to award Rs.1.29 crore for hockey team (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Sahara India announce cash award for hockey team - Feb 28, 2012
- Sourav Ganguly captain-cum-mentor of Pune Warriors - Mar 22, 2012
- National association selects 15 shooters for Sahara help - Oct 22, 2009
- Sahara hits back after BCCI rejcts its demands (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- No one ready to pay full sponsorship of Team India: Sahara - Feb 13, 2012
- President confers Narang with Khel Ratna, Arjuna for 19 athletes - Aug 29, 2011
- Force India not ready to take an Indian driver - Oct 13, 2011
- Sahara to renew sponsorship of Indian hockey - Feb 07, 2012
- No plans to sell Force India team: Mallya - Oct 07, 2011
- Sahara back as cricket Team India sponsor - Feb 16, 2012
- BCCI softens stand on Sahara pull-out, ready for talks - Feb 06, 2012
Tags: archery, chief sponsors, gesture, hockey teams, honour, indian cricket team, ipl, laurels, national cricket, New Delhi, olympics 2012, premier league, privilege, promoting group, pune, sahara india pariwar, subrata roy, talented athletes, volleyball federation, world championships