Sacked Syndicate Bank official’s plea rejectedMarch 5th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 5 (IANS) The Delhi High Court has rejected the petition of a former assistant manager of Syndicate Bank challenging his dismissal from service for financial irregularities committed in 1992.
Dismissing the petition of N.K. Singhal, Justice P.K. Bhasin said: “In his various representations and communications with the bank authorities he had been simply claiming that because of certain tensions in his mind he had committed the financial irregularities.”
“In view of the fact that the petitioner himself had taken the decision not to have an enquiry conducted against him, no fault can be found with the decision of the enquiry officer in concluding the enquiry proceedings on the first day itself when the enquiry started,” said the court, in an order delivered Thursday.
“Therefore, allegation against the enquiry officer also cannot be accepted. In the result, this writ petition is dismissed,” said the court.
On Oct 26, 1992, an order dismissing the petitioner from service was passed by the deputy general manager of Syndicate Bank. A charge sheet was served upon him July 7, 1992.
“Singhal in his reply on July 14, 1992 to the charge sheet admitted the allegations levelled against him. However, the bank decided to hold a regular enquiry against him and an enquiry officer was appointed by the bank,” said the court.
On Aug 28, 1992, the enquiry proceedings were started.
“Against the findings of the enquiry officer the petitioner was given an opportunity to make a representation in which he accepted his guilt,” said the court.
“He offered an explanation that the irregularities committed by him were because of his suffering from hypertension and hypermania from 1974 in view of serious injuries sustained by his brother in communal riots which took place in Saharanpur,” said the court.
Several of his appeals against the enquiry were dismissed.
He filed the petition in the high court in 1999.
- SC tells government to decide on Balakrishnan case (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Face trial for defamation, three army officers told (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Court approves action against two auditors for Satyam lapses - May 31, 2011
- Apex court dismisses plea on Soumitra Sen impeachment - Nov 25, 2011
- Lalit Modi's plea for independent probe rejected - Sep 26, 2011
- Dikshit gets court notice on BJP leader's plea - Jul 10, 2012
- SC trashes plea against Pranab, warns petitioner (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Student's plea against central board rejected - Sep 03, 2011
- Trial judge free to examine Virbhadra in graft case: Court (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Plea seeking action against Hazare, aides dismissed (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Andhra high court admits petition for liquor mafia probe - Feb 27, 2012
- Court to hear Tuesday Kalmadi plea to attend parliament - Aug 29, 2011
- Petition for cancellation of 2G spectrum allotments dismissed - Aug 18, 2010
- Court rejects ex-law officer's plea in bribe case - Feb 19, 2012
- CWG graft case: Court notice to CBI on Reddy's bail plea - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: allegation against, allegations, bhasin, communal riots, delhi high court, enquiry, financial irregularities, guilt, hypermania, hypertension, july 14, New Delhi, petitioner, plea, proceedings, representations, singhal, syndicate bank, tensions, writ petition