Sacked Jharkhand minister fears threat, seeks securityDecember 24th, 2008 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Dec 24 (IANS) Enos Ekka, who was sacked as Jharkhand’s rural development minister recently, has now sought additional security from the state government as he fears a security threat. “There is a conspiracy against me. I have been provided only one security guard. Being a former minister I should be accorded fool-proof security,” Ekka told reporters here Wednesday.
He said: “My security has been withdrawn to stop me from campaigning for the Tamar assembly by-election.
“It was withdrawn when I was in the middle of jungles to campaign for the by-poll.”
Soren had sacked Ekka and Harinarayan Rai Dec 18, citing an FIR lodged against them by the state vigilance department for amassing wealth more than their known sources of income.
But the reason behind his sacking is apparently more political as Ekka had refused to withdraw his Jharkhand Party’s candidate pitted against Soren in an assembly by-election. Ekka has fielded Raja Peter as his party’s candidate for the Dec 29 by-poll.
Soren, who has to get elected to the state assembly before Feb 27, had threatened to sack Ekka if he did not withdraw his candidate.
Soren took oath as chief minister Aug 27 and, as per the constitution, has to get elected to the assembly within six months.
- Soren threatens to sack minister for fielding poll rival - Dec 11, 2008
- JMM rejects Munda's request not to contest by-poll - Jun 11, 2011
- BJP ahead, early trends indicate hung Jharkhand assembly (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2009
- Jharkhand minister dares Soren to sack him - Dec 16, 2008
- Soren rejects Munda's plea, JMM joins Jamshedpur by-poll (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Decision on sacking Ekka to be announced soon: Soren - Dec 17, 2008
- Jharkhand headed towards hung assembly (Third Lead) - Dec 23, 2009
- Another poll, and Tamar in the limelight for a different reason - Nov 28, 2009
- 'Files pending as Jharkhand top brass focuses on by-poll' - Jun 28, 2011
- Congress gains as Jharkhand heads towards hung assembly (Fourth Lead) - Dec 23, 2009
- Soren loses by-election, BJP demands fresh assembly polls (Lead) - Jan 08, 2009
- Soren loses byelection, BJP demands fresh assembly polls (Second Lead) - Jan 08, 2009
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP - Jun 06, 2012
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Soren sacks two ministers on corruption charges (Lead) - Dec 18, 2008