Sack minister indicted by Lok Ayukta, Congress tells MayawatiNovember 29th, 2011 - 9:00 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 29 (IANS) The Congress Tuesday sought the immediate sacking of Uttar Pradesh’s Minister of State for Ambedkar Gram Development Ratan Lal Ahirwar, indicted by the state Lok Ayukta for misappropriation of funds meant for development programmes.
“The minister must either step down from office or else the chief minister must remove him from the cabinet, because the Lok Ayukta has clearly found him guilty of misappropriation of funds,” Congress spokesman V.K. Madan told reporters here.
“It is amply evident now that Ahirwar had not only bungled funds earmarked for special development schemes in the backward Bundelkhand region, but was also guilty of grabbing ‘gram sabha’ (village committee) land,” he added.
Ahirwar was the fourth minister to be indicted by the Lok Ayukta, Justice (retd) N.K. Mehrotra who had, of late, begun to take cognizance of pending complaints against certain ministers.
The Congress also hit out at Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo and Chief Minister Mayawati’s “indifference to this serious menace of rampant corruption”.
“Even though the UP chief minister had dropped dairy development and animal husbandry minister Awadhpal Singh Yadav from her ministry, she had discreetly saved him in a case of triple murder in which he was among the main accused,” alleged Madan.
According to him, “inaction on Mayawati’s part against her ministers involved in criminal offences including bribery had led to unbridled corruption at the highest levels in the government”.
“It is high time Mayawati took strong action against ministers indicted by the Lok Ayukta,” Madan demanded.
- Minister withdraws plea against Lokayukta - Sep 10, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh Lok Ayukta recommends removal of 'corrupt' minister - Aug 16, 2011
- Mayawati sacks two more ministers on graft charges - Oct 05, 2011
- Mayawati rules out CBI probe against trusted minister - Feb 27, 2012
- Mayawati sacks minister indicted by ombudsman - Dec 26, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh minister resigns after Lokayukta's rap - Aug 17, 2011
- Mayawati's key confidante under Lokayukta's scanner - Dec 13, 2011
- Lokayukta wants another Uttar Pradesh minister to go - Oct 04, 2011
- Lok Ayukta cannot probe Achuthanandan's son: Chandy - Apr 19, 2011
- Gadkari mum to query on Kushwaha's induction - Jan 05, 2012
- Akhilesh against bringing chief minister's post under Lokayukta - Apr 26, 2012
- Mulayam, Mayawati neglected Muslims, development: Rahul Gandhi - Jan 28, 2012
- Rahul to tour Bundelkhand Jan 17-20 - Jan 13, 2012
- Mayawati muisused funds for rural health, says PM - Feb 17, 2012
- Achuthanandan ordered Lok Ayukta probe to protect son: Chandy - Jul 15, 2011
Tags: animal husbandry, bundelkhand, chief minister, cognizance, congress spokesman, criminal offences, dairy development, high time, lok ayukta, madan, mehrotra, minister of state, misappropriation of funds, rampant corruption, ratan lal, sabha, serious menace, triple murder, village committee, yadav