Sachin to be presented 100 guineas, golden bat by MamataMay 11th, 2012 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 10 (IANS) Sachin Tendulkar will be presented a golden bat, ball and 100 guineas for scoring a century of international hundreds by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee before the Indian Premier League clash between the Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders here Saturday.
The felicitation is a joint venture by the state government and the Cricket Association of Bengal, it was announced Thursday.
“He is coming here for the first time after achieving his feat. So we want to fete him in a befitting manner,” CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya said while briefing reporters after the association’s working committee meeting at the Eden Gardens.
The batting genius will be handed over a memento and a citation, said state Sports Minister Madan Mitra.
- Mamata, CAB felicitate golden boy Sachin (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Mamata, CAB felicitate golden boy Sachin - May 12, 2012
- Mamata's tryst with the Eden - Nov 17, 2011
- Ticket sales fail to pick up, T-shirts with prayers for Sachin's feat - Nov 13, 2011
- CAB felicitates Indian team for Eden's maiden T20 - Oct 29, 2011
- Didi comes to Eden, says victory is hers! - Nov 17, 2011
- After 100th ton, Sachin to donate bat to Eden Gardens - Nov 17, 2011
- CAB trying to rope in Kapil as bowling consultant - Jul 28, 2012
- Vengsarkar, Shiny Wilson presented lifetime achievement awards - Apr 27, 2012
- CAB appoints Whatmore as coaching director - Aug 17, 2010
- Frenzied Kolkata fans fete Knight Riders, Shah Rukh (Roundup) - May 29, 2012
- Kolkata bracing up for extending warm felicitation to victorious Knights (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- No word of praise enough for Tendulkar: Dalmiya - Mar 16, 2012
- West Bengal waives amusement tax for World Cup ties - Jan 25, 2011
- Dalmiya meets Pranab on Eden fiasco - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: chief minister, clash, committee meeting, cricket association of bengal, eden gardens, felicitation, jagmohan dalmiya, joint venture, knight riders, kolkata, madan, mamata banerjee, memento, mitra, mumbai, premier league, state government, state sports, west bengal, working committee