S&P; lowers outlook for Infosys, TCS, Wipro to negativeApril 25th, 2012 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) Rating agency Standard & Poor’s (S&P;) Wednesday revised outlook for three top Indian information technology companies — Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Wipro — to negative from stable.
At the same time, it affirmed it ‘BBB+’ long-term corporate credit ratings on these entities.
“Our ratings on Indian information technology companies reflect our ‘BBB+’ transfer and convertibility (T&C;) assessment of India. We could lower the ratings on these companies if we revise downward our T&C; assessment,” S&P; said in a statement.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the Infosys scrip ended flat at Rs.2,348.80 while TCS closed 1.92 percent down at Rs.1,172.30.
The scrip of India’s third largest IT company fell 7.29 percent at Rs.410.15 after it reported muted guidance for the April-June quarter.
The outlook revisions followed a similar action on the sovereign credit rating on India by the agency which warned of a ratings downgrade citing deteriorating economic indicators and slow progress on fiscal reforms in the backdrop of a “weakened political setting”.
- Sensex ends 56 points down ahead of F&O; expiry (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- S&P; lowers India's outlook to negative - Apr 25, 2012
- With reforms under stress, India stares at ratings cut (Roundup) - Apr 25, 2012
- Choppy trading at Indian equities after outlook downgrade - Apr 26, 2012
- No need to panic on S&P; negative outlook: Mukherjee - Apr 25, 2012
- Fitch cuts SBI, PNB, ICICI Bank outlook to negative (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- S&P; lowers outlook on SBI, ICICI and HDFC Bank - Apr 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 110 points; realty, banking stocks up - Jun 25, 2012
- S&P; cuts India's outlook, warns of ratings downgrade (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- S&P; cuts ArcelorMittal ratings to junk status - Aug 03, 2012
- S&P; downgrades 34 Italian banks - Feb 11, 2012
- Fitch revises ratings for 11 Indian financial institutions - Jun 20, 2012
- S&P; downgrades ratings on Australia's big four banks - Dec 02, 2011
- Sensex ends 111 points up; TCS, Wipro surge (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Sensex tanks 238 points on poor Infosys growth outlook - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: amp, backdrop, bbb, bombay stock exchange, credit rating, economic indicators, entities, fiscal reforms, guidance, indian information technology, information technology companies, New Delhi, revisions, rs 1, rs 2, scrip, slow progress, tata consultancy services, tata consultancy services tcs, wipro