Russia’s nuclear chief to visit Iran SundayAugust 30th, 2008 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Aug 30 (DPA) Russia’s nuclear power chief will visit Iran to prepare the nuclear fuel operation of the joint Bushehr nuclear power plant in southern Iran, ISNA news agency reported Saturday.Sergei Kiriyenko will arrive in Tehran Sunday for talks with officials of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization, the news agency said.
Kiriyenko is also scheduled to go to the Persian Gulf port of Bushehr and inspect the latest developments in the plant there.
Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization head Gholam-Reza Aqazadeh said the Russian side was committed to launching the Bushehr plant as scheduled.
Russia finished delivery of 82 tonnes of low-enriched uranium for the plant’s light-water reactor in January, and Kiriyenko said in June that nuclear fuel operations would start this year.
The Iran-Russia joint project was originally supposed to be completed at the beginning of the millennium but has been delayed at least five times for various reasons.
- Russia's nuclear chief to visit Iran's new power plant - Aug 24, 2008
- Iran willing to work with Russia on more power plants - Mar 26, 2012
- Iran-Russia nuclear plant to be inaugurated in September: Official - Aug 09, 2010
- Iran launches Bushehr nuclear power plant - Sep 12, 2011
- Iran to remove fuel from its first nuclear power plant - Feb 27, 2011
- Iran, Russia discuss 10-year nuclear fuel delivery - Feb 26, 2009
- Iran n-plant supplies 940 MW electricity - Apr 30, 2012
- Tests conducted on Iran's n-plant turbines - Aug 24, 2011
- Iran's first nuclear power plant opens - Aug 21, 2010
- Iran's Bushehr plant to produce 1,000 MW electricity - Dec 21, 2011
- Iran to conduct cyber-security manoeuvre - Aug 22, 2011
- Iran plans test run of Bushehr nuclear plant Wednesday - Feb 24, 2009
- Russians confirm Iran nuke reactor damage - Mar 01, 2011
- Trial run of Iran's first nuclear plant starts (Lead) - Feb 25, 2009
- Iran's Bushehr n-plant almost ready: Russia - Jun 19, 2011