Russia’s Gazprom, Iran to sign cooperation pactJuly 13th, 2008 - 5:00 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, July 13 (RIA Novosti) Russian energy giant Gazprom and Iran’s petroleum ministry will sign Sunday a memorandum of cooperation in oil and gas production. “Interaction between Iran and Russia in all spheres and especially in the energy sphere is very wide. We expect to further broaden this cooperation in the future,” Iran’s deputy oil minister Hossein Noghrehkar Shirazi said.
Shirazi said a series of discussions would precede the signing of the cooperation memorandum.
Iran ranks fourth in terms of crude reserves after Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Kuwait. It is also the fourth largest oil producer after Saudi Arabia, the United States and Russia.
Iran’s proven gas reserves total more than 28 trillion cubic metres.
- Iran finds large gas deposit in Caspian Sea - Dec 11, 2011
- Iraq signs gas deal with Pakistani energy firm - Jul 16, 2012
- Russia's Gazprom world's most profitable firm in 2011 - Jul 31, 2012
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- New gas field found in Turkmenistan - Mar 10, 2012
- Russia-China trade turnover doubles to $60 bn in 2010 - Jun 04, 2011
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
- Russia-Saudi Arabia: A growing strain - Sep 06, 2012
- Russia's Gazprom in talks over LNG supplies to India - Oct 25, 2010
- Iran finds major helium reserve - Oct 01, 2011
- Iran discovers gas field - Dec 12, 2011
- Putin calls for auction sales of strategic deposits - Jul 10, 2012
- India out of 'peace pipeline' as Iran-Pakistan seal gas deal (Lead) - Jun 14, 2010
- Myanmar gas exploration contract inked - Jun 11, 2012
- Ukraine ex-PM gets 7-year jail for abuse of office - Oct 11, 2011