Russian woman loses fight to keep dogs instead of parentsJuly 29th, 2011 - 12:23 pm ICT by IANS
St. Petersburg (Russia), July 29 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A St. Petersburg woman barricaded herself in her apartment, throwing glassware and spraying tear gas at bailiffs who arrived to take her 11 dogs away and let her parents return home, authorities said.
The woman had thrown her 70-year-old parents out of the flat so that there was space for the dogs. It took bailiffs more than a year to resolve the problem.
“The judge decided that the St. Petersburg resident must part with her pets and let her parents return to their common flat,” the bailiff service said in a statement.
The bailiffs had found an asylum for the dogs and then informed the woman of the date and time of their arrival to take the dogs. The pet lover said she had “a surprise” waiting for them.
“First, the woman locked herself in a room with the pets, barricading the door with boxes, wardrobes and other things,” the bailiff service said. It took them more than three hours to get inside the apartment, with the woman throwing glasses and crockery at bailiffs from the windows and then spraying tear gas in a hole between doors.
The dogs put up resistance too, one of them biting a bailiff’s shin. Eventually the men managed to get the woman handcuffed.
“She was taken to a local court,” the bailiff service said. “The dogs were given sleeping pills and taken to the asylum.”
The parents returned to the apartment.
- Russian exorcist stabs wife to death - Jun 29, 2012
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death over pet rat - Sep 21, 2012
- Lenin monument vandalised in Russia - Sep 01, 2012
- Russian court declines returning seized money during raids - Sep 11, 2012
- Madonna should be denied Russian visa: Theologian - Apr 06, 2012
- Car thief's wife fired from Russian Police - Jul 17, 2012
- Russian woman throws children from 15th floor - Jun 25, 2012
- Russia open to foreign investment in energy - Jun 22, 2012
- Relics of 13th century hero stolen in Russia - Aug 30, 2012
- Lady Gaga to perform in Russia - Aug 28, 2012
- Russian gamer clears debt to get back laptop - Jul 06, 2012
- World's deepest metro station to be in Russia - Dec 28, 2011
- Dead woman's body found in Russian hospital trash - Apr 10, 2012
- Madonna broke 'gay propaganda' law: Russian official - Aug 11, 2012
- Madonna sued for $10 mn over Russian concert comments - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: apartment, asylum, authorities, bailiff, bailiffs, boxes, crockery, dogs, doors, glasses, glassware, local court, pet lover, resistance, ria novosti, russian woman, sleeping pills, st petersburg russia, tear gas, wardrobes