Russian woman beats up three copsFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 23 (IANS/RIA Novosti) In a karaoke trip gone wrong, a young drunk woman beat up three Moscow policemen trying to detain her for “violations of public peace”, police said.
The incident took place Wednesday afternoon in a karaoke bar on the downtown Novy Arbat Street here. The young woman, whose name was withheld, was reported to police for swearing loudly and other rowdy behaviour.
However, when a police patrol tried to reason with her, the woman attacked them, punching and kicking the officers. An ensign, a sergeant and a driver all sustained beatings, one of them needed medical treatment.
A case was opened on charges of assaulting a state official on duty, punishable with up to five years in prison. It remained unclear what made the woman so aggressive.
- Seven die in central Moscow apartment fire - May 17, 2011
- Two Russians detained for brawl on plane - Feb 23, 2012
- Woman detains man armed with model gun - Nov 21, 2011
- Ukrainians robbed of 3 mn euros in Moscow - Dec 05, 2011
- Moscow cop held with one kg cocaine - Aug 18, 2012
- Drunk held for gas blast threat - Mar 24, 2012
- Foreigners in Moscow may be fingerprinted - Oct 20, 2011
- Two die while riding on roof of Moscow metro train - Feb 14, 2011
- Moscow woman creates 'cake bomb' scare - Dec 02, 2011
- Russia's women's volleyball coach dies - Aug 29, 2012
- Stray dogs kill woman - Mar 16, 2012
- Couple held for selling newborn in Moscow - May 09, 2012
- Serial killer faces trial in Moscow - May 23, 2012
- Kazakh beer thief returns unfinished bottles - Aug 21, 2012
- Russian cop beats lover to death - Apr 25, 2012